potterton boiler cutouts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Envoy Flowsure+ which intermittently cuts out after it fails to ignite after 3 attempts. It fires up on pressing the reset botton but then cuts out again a few hours to a few weeks later. potterton engineers have looked at it and replaced the hot surface ingnitor, the flame sensor, and on one occasion said it was a loose connection. They have not replaced the PCB( although I don't know what PCB stands for!) However the problem with intermittent cutout persists. Can anyone help? :?:

Sponsored Links
pcb = printed circuit board. The electronics. Potterton pcb's are notoriously bad. Cracks in solder joints are a real problem for them. An experienced eye over the back of the board will sometimes spot a solder crack. Lack of ignition can also be due to lack of gas - ie gas valve sticking shut. It's very difficult to fault-find intermittent faults like this.

Thanks very much. It has now cut out 3 times over the past 3 days. I'll call them out again and ask them to check the PCB :)

Sponsored Links
The heating engineer has visited 5 times in the past month but says he can't find the cause of the lockouts. he has checked the hot surface ignitor, flame sensor, looked at the PCB(but not replaced it as he says it may not solve the problem) checked the gas inlet pressure and serviced the boiler. It is still locking out once or twice a day! :(

Does anyone else have a Potterton Envoy Flowsure+ or have any other suggestions?

Help!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back