Potterton Puma 80e - Hot Water, no CH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked the other Temp Sensnor for HW, and that was hovering around 13Kohms, so nearer what it should be.

Looking on www.mjtcontrols.co.uk the new heat sensor seems a bit more than a tenner!

Manufacture: Potterton
Manufactures Part Code: 10/18761
SuperCeded Code:
G.C. Part Number: E06-141
Type & Description: SENSOR.
Appliance Type/Name: NA
Price Ex VAT: £28.46

This is the replacement for the part 430011 as stated in my Puma 80e manual.

Not looking forward to draining the CH system; and good tips?

Sponsored Links
I too could draw DHW but no boiler activity for CH. As an ex electrical/electronics engineer, I need technical data to work from. Potterton responded to my request by return of post and their Installation Manual is excellent. The fault turned out to be broken solder connectons to some of the pins on the control board (someone elsewhere has commented on poor quality PCBs).
Without this info., I doubt I'd have found the problem; with it, I found and fixed the PCB in under an hour.
You'd need a meter and a soldering iron!

Oh, and in draining the boiler to try and remove the leaking pressure release valve, we found the expansion tank must have been almost full of water. Not good; and I can't think how this can have happened.
There is a flexible pipe goes to the tank from the same manifold the pressure valve is on. This pipe is easily detached by unscrewing the knurled nut. But release the pressure first and have a bucket ready to catch any water!

Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Good shout rawstuff i also think the problem lies with the pcb as i have had exactly the same symptoms many a time and it has been down to the pcb connection at the top of the pcb in the middle which burns out on the back of the pcb :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back