power at the switch

Ah yes, the perennial problem with both talking and listening:

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" (Robert McCloskey) :)

Sponsored Links
Seriously Ian - you should be spending your time studying circuit design principles, not trying to gain experience just yet.

Take no notice of this silly advice, get out as often as you can. Hands on experience is always helpful.
It's not silly at all.

He needs to do both, but the point is what is the most efficient way to learn all the different things he needs to learn?

The point I was trying to make is that it would be a more effective use of Ian's time, and would be quicker overall, to learn how circuits work outside of and before the hands-on sessions. How long does it take to learn how a lighting circuit that loops through the switches works? 5 minutes? It's hardly rocket science, is it.

But how much of that hands-on session did Ian spend trying to work out what the electrician meant, and therefore was distracted and not focused on the practical learning?

I bet it was more than 5 minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back