powerflush machine

talked to proflush today and for the pro kit £795 +vat and one with magnet built in is £1150+vat. the stand alone magnet filter is £350
im going to ring kamco tomorrow to get their prices cos only prices i can can find on their site is units from £775 does anybody know how much they actually are?

Sponsored Links
have the proflush and used others. The proflush and kamco CF90 are on a par in terms of performance, but the proflush wins on quality. The heater addition is useful for dead boiler situations(no point chemical flushing cold) but very expensive! Not had a need for a magnetic filter, rather flush the carp down the drain then have to clean up a magnet ta very much.

the heaters on the these things are very expensive so i was wondering if you could use an immersion heater cos they look the same
just a thought :confused:

There are all sorts of things you can do.

But filling the powerflush machine from a kettle is easier and cheaper.

Most chemicals work well when gently warm, say 30-35°.

The magnetic filters collect the magnetite leaving the chemicals at full strength. Those who wash it out to the drain anr either not using any chemicals or not getting the full benefit.

The Sentinel filter is huge as well as having a huge price compared with the Magnaclean. But you dont HAVE to use their power flushing filter as you can use an ordinary 28 mm magnaclean just you will have to clean it more often if the system is dirty.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The magnetic filters collect the magnetite leaving the chemicals at full strength. Those who wash it out to the drain anr either not using any chemicals or not getting the full benefit.

just because you don't understand my methods doesn't give you the right to criticise. If you don't know how to do a powerflush without using a magnet then I'd be happy for you to accompany me on my next one and I'll show you how. Obviously I couldn't pay you for your time as it would largely just be a learning experience for your own benefit.

Put some x800 in circulate for a few days , connect the water main to the system & wash to drain ????

ok i would like to thank you all for helping me make my decision and i think im going for the proflush, on the strength of they are based up north. i was fancying a kamco but i can never see me having the chance to spend a day in london
what magnetic filters do you guys use i know the adey one is popular but do you guys use or reccomend any others

Whichever one you go for, make sure you get a pump head adapter to fit onto the body of the heating circulator, saves a lot of hassle

i have a sentinal jetflush 4 and its the best powerflush machine i have used .it is a bit on the big side but works very well.
i did see some on ebay for £700 each .thats a steal i paid £1400 for mine

http://www.powerflushingin.com/

If you buy the proflush Norstrom machine gas girl then you can start with a basic machine and then add the magnetic filter and water heater afterwards,they retrofit in the machine and its possible to order them later on.

we have nortstrom as well as kamco machines and trust me there isn't much difference in them once you learn how to use it,the advantage of the nortstrom is the heater is built in and not another bit of kit you have to lug around separetly

I've got the Norstrom Magmaster and it's quality...Get yourself some sort of bund though as you can't rely on the overflow to cope if you accidently leave the mains fill on for too long...I nearly ended up looking like a **** on a couple of occasions before I sorted one out

Also tapping the rads with a rubber mallet during the flush won't do any harm.

OI cashjob :oops:

agile how many kettles full do you use??

how much do you guys charge for a powerflush?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back