Powermax 155x timer not working?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I have a Powermax 155x since the house was newly built (2002). It hasn't been serviced at all (my fault, I know) but there have been a couple of issues recently.

The first one is a loss of pressure. We had a plumber out and he wasn't sure but said to chage the pressure tank. We did and it improved, but not much.

After returning home from a 4 week holiday, we can't operate the hot water or central heating using the control panel. The switch between timer-off-constant works when put to off or constant, but no joy on the timer. The lights on the timer are also very very dull and getting duller by the minute.

The model appears to be a horstmann 626 oem but I can't find much info online.

Can anyone help??

Sponsored Links
I have a Powermax 155x since the house was newly built (2002). It hasn't been serviced at all (my fault, I know) but there have been a couple of issues recently.

No Comment

The first one is a loss of pressure. We had a plumber out and he wasn't sure but said to chage the pressure tank. We did and it improved, but not much.

Whats it doing now,Is pressure still rising

After returning home from a 4 week holiday, we can't operate the hot water or central heating using the control panel. The switch between timer-off-constant works when put to off or constant, but no joy on the timer. The lights on the timer are also very very dull and getting duller by the minute.

The model appears to be a horstmann 626 oem but I can't find much info online.

Can anyone help??

P458, Clock Required

need a new clock, buy it as a spare for the boiler rather than sourcing it from the model number.

What does the pressure read on the guage when it is on?...if the expansion vessel was faulty and replaced it probably blew the pressure relief valve which is probably dripping and losing pressure.

need a new clock, buy it as a spare for the boiler rather than sourcing it from the model number.

What does the pressure read on the guage when it is on?...if the expansion vessel was faulty and replaced it probably blew the pressure relief valve which is probably dripping and losing pressure.
Not sure on the pressure as there is no gauge on it. This caused a lot of consternation from the plumber. I pressurised the new mini-expansion vessel to 8 bar. There's a difference, but its not great.

By buying a spare, do you mean 2nd hand?

BTW thanks for the help to both of you.

Sponsored Links
Not sure on the pressure as there is no gauge on it. This caused a lot of consternation from the plumber. I pressurised the new mini-expansion vessel to 8 bar. There's a difference, but its not great.

By buying a spare, do you mean 2nd hand?

BTW thanks for the help to both of you.

What pressure are you talking about.
1. The reading on the boiler pressure gauge
2. The pressure of the hot water that comes out of your taps.

Why did you touch the mini expansion vessel :?:

What pressure are you talking about.
1. The reading on the boiler pressure gauge
2. The pressure of the hot water that comes out of your taps.

Why did you touch the mini expansion vessel :?:

I meant the pressure of the water coming out of the taps. There is no gauge at all on the boiler.

The mini expansion vessel was replaced as that's what we were told needed replacing. It has made a difference, but not a massive one.

OK..New plate heat exchanger and blending valve required if you live in a hard water area..Phone BG/Potterton for a fixed price repair,Cheapest option.

I Take it the cold water pressure in your house is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back