Pressure not achieved from bore hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bore hole system, which flows from the submerged pump, through filters and PH risers into the pressure vessel.

I was getting the RCCB trip this I think was water in a junction box above the bore hole. (I have a spare capacitor to change also, if this problem persists)

To make sure the pump looked okay, I dragged it up the 90ft (30m) hole to visually inspect it. All okay. I tested the flow at the top of hole - also okay.

I changed the media in the PH riser (internal tube is clear and installed correctly as is flow direction)

Also changed 80micron filter after PH riser (flushed PH riser with no filter installed - not blocked)

The normal pressure is 4bar. The pump switches on at 2.5bar and should rise to 4 bar rapidly. It does not. it achieves 2 bar and then runs for ages before getting 4 bar.
I have tested the output pressure of the pump from all positions and it flys off the scale (4bar max on gauge) from all positions BEFORE the tank(pressure vessel) after the tank the story is the same as the tank gauge, stays at 2bar for ages.

Could the pressure vessel be damaged inside? (the bag). What is the normal pressure for the bag inside? is it nitrogen filled or air?

Any help is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Any help is appreciated!

Did you install the pump or pay some Mickey Mouser to do it? You really should be asking the Engineer mate. ;) If you have paid for it then you should expect service and a guarantee.

It was installed 3 years ago, but due to the service people ripping me off I decided to do the servicing myself for the last 2 years (Don't worry - I'm an engineer).
Just solved it however, it was PH riser media blocking the carbon filter. Must not have flushed it through enough. :rolleyes:

Live and learn!

Sponsored Links
It was installed 3 years ago, but due to the service people ripping me off I decided to do the servicing myself for the last 2 years (Don't worry - I'm an engineer).
Just solved it however, it was PH riser media blocking the carbon filter. Must not have flushed it through enough. :rolleyes:

Live and learn!

Thank God for that because I didn`t have a clue what you were on about until you mentioned the pump. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back