Prior To Brexit....

Maybe many on here were 'of an era' when racist comments were 'just an easy (albeit tasteless) joke', but they are racist nonetheless!
It's about time people realised, as shutpa reported the judges comments:

Notice the judges comments about "challenging racially aggravated behaviour in all its forms."
That must include racially aggressive/offensive comments in GD forum!

Looking at history and what was acceptable back then gives some understanding to why some people act.
Understanding goes both ways. Understanding why people are saying things and stuck in the past is just as important as those folks understanding that times have moved on and things that were acceptable 30 years ago are no longer.
To ridicule or to try and bully someone to see that things have moved on doesn't work. Explaining in a non-patronising way may do, with a bit of luck.

Challenge, great, but I think you and I have different ideas on challenging people Himmy. Yours is to bully, shout 'racist' at anyone and everyone, racist or not, shutting down discussions and ending any chance to go further forward. Your problem now is you have a long history of trolling here and hardly anyone is ever going to take you seriously and nor should they. It's hard to take anyone serious when you have no respect for them.

Sponsored Links
Explaining in a non-patronising way may do, with a bit of luck.
Are you racist? 'No' isn't a good enough answer.
Most of us, says Marlon James, are non-racist. While that leaves us with a clear conscience, he argues, it does nothing to help fight injustice in the world. In fact, we can pull off being non-racist by being asleep in bed .... We need to stop being non-racist, and start being anti-racist
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2016/jan/13/marlon-james-are-you-racist-video

Prior to Brexit, as I have already said, there were some members who got carried away and posted racist comments. Now I do know that Himaginn goes on and on about racism, but nevertheless, he was able to quote examples of racism from replies to threads. And you guys can huff and puff till the cows come home- the quotes are still there, somewhere on this forum. Having read the Gascogne case, I decided to raise this thread just to warn members about what they put in print. No lecture intended just a friendly piece of advice.

How many ethnic minority friends u got than ? none ? than your a racist(?) maybe ?........some than its not enough so u are a racist (?) may be ?

A very difficult question to answer transam but my extended family alone must be in the region of hundreds if not thousands.

Sponsored Links
Prior to Brexit, as I have already said, there were some members who got carried away and posted racist comments

Now whilst I accept that there was a lot of stuff getting posted on several different threads at the same time, I seem to remember loads of accusations of racism from Himmy and John D, for comments that weren't racist by any stretch of the imagination. It all seems too much like the supposed safe spaces at universities; if someone disagrees with you, then accuse them of all sorts of this so their viewpoint can't be heard. The right to free speech means that sometimes, you have to allow people to say things you don't like, but then to politely persuade them to change their viewpoint, not heckle them in to submission.

Having read the Gascogne case, I decided to raise this thread just to warn members about what they put in print. No lecture intended just a friendly piece of advice.

Sorry Shutpa, what you consider to be a friendly piece of advice, is without a shadow of a doubt, nothing more than the start of a lecture.

The more JohnD and Himaginn accuse folk of being racist, the more folk will (And did) say outrageous stuff to get the resident pillocks to implode, JohnD did on several occasions and I draw great satisfaction from being one of those who helped in his breakdown..

Remove JohnD and Himaginn and you will remove any perceived racism on this forum

Poor old Foxtrot is a troll, as he admits above (not for the first time) and it is his hobby to be obnoxious and to get banned and, after a while, to come back with a new name but, sadly, not a new personality.

Obviously nothing he says is to be taken seriously, or believed.

Poor old Foxtrot is a troll, as he admits above (not for the first time) and it is his hobby to be obnoxious and to get banned and, after a while, to come back with a new name but, sadly, not a new personality.

Obviously nothing he says is to be taken seriously, or believed.
All I did was to play along with your prejudices and those of your lick spittle Himaginn. I used to help a fair bit in the plumbing and heating forum but why should I help a forum that allows bitter and prejudiced people such as you insult the regular members and bans folk who help? When you are gone I shall go back to being helpful but I doubt that will be any day soon

All I did was to play along with your prejudices and those of .. Himaginn.
Are you genuinely trying to convince us that you're not really a vile, bigoted person, and you're just pretending, in order to troll?

Are you genuinely trying to convince us that you're not really a vile, bigoted person, and you're just pretending, in order to troll?
I think that everyone should make up their own minds...Perhaps you could make a poll just like you used to do.

Sponsored Links
Back