Prior To Brexit....

Extended family meaning ?? (interested)
I'm sorry for the late reply but in my limited time on the forum, I somehow overlooked your post. However, let me now rectify that by giving you an honest and straight reply to your question. Generally speaking, an extended family, if I can use the Wikipedea definition, is "a family that extends beyond the nuclear family, consisting of parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, all living nearby or in the same household". My own extended family, is however, rather more complicated because there are more members of my extended family who can be defined as 'ethnic minorities' rather than members of 'the ethnic majority members'. And that being the case, having experienced racism first hand, I can very easily identify any clearly racist remarks in any thread on racism. In this or another thread, someone posted a video of a young white man giving dogs abuse to an ethnic minority individual in a pub and stating that the guy should not be there. That video is a poor representation of reality because in the real world, if a member of an ethnic minority group goes into a bar, it would be very, very, unusual for a man on his own to start shouting racial abuse at another customer. It is much more likely that someone, standing with friends would make a remark about the guy and that his friends would vocally agree perhaps adding comments of their own. This however, although it still takes place, is very much a thing of the past. Perhaps members will now understand why around about the beginning of the year, when the occasional poster went OTT, made a clearly racist remark in a reply and was then thanked for the post by other members, I felt really, really, sad. Man's inhumanity to man more or less sums it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Some of my mates have experienced racism but only in an indirect way and they've assumed it was racism because of their colour.......probably because they look like the kind of people you wouldn't want to upset it's not been obvious.
When we all go out it doesn't seem to occur at all in fact one of them after he's a a drink too many refers to himself as a n***** when he told me one of his workmates referred to him as a monkey and I said "You are !" he said" there's only you Dave that could get away with that !"

I know some on here think I'm a racist because I'm against the mass migration that's occurring, I wonder how they work out I'm a racist when I have friends of mixed race, and various shades of brown and black.

Of course if your against unprecedented immigration and that makes you a racist then I am.

I know some on here think I'm a racist because I'm against the mass migration that's occurring

Most sensible people are against mass immigration.
It doesn't make you a racist.

I'm an immigrant into the UK myself after my Dad bought farm land here. One farm back about 1960 then a second one in 1978.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
When we all go out it doesn't seem to occur at all in fact one of them after he's a a drink too many refers to himself as a n***** when he told me one of his workmates referred to him as a monkey and I said "You are !" he said" there's only you Dave that could get away with that !"

I know some on here think I'm a racist because I'm against the mass migration that's occurring, I wonder how they work out I'm a racist when I have friends of mixed race, and various shades of brown and black.
What an utter buffoon!
Gasbanni tries to convince us he's not racist, yet he resorts to using a racially offensive expression in the process!
The only thing I'm convinced of is his low intellect and poor judgement!

As a protected species, i.e. a Gas Stuff plumber, his racially offensive comment will probably remain and my criticism of him will be deleted PDQ!

I'm an immigrant into the UK myself

There is nothing to stop an immigrant being a racist, or from hating people of a nationality, religion or culture different to his own.

What an utter buffoon! Gasbanni tries to convince us he's not racist, yet he resorts to using a racially offensive expression in the process!
Since G was explaining a situ, and I have no reason to disbelieve him, how else could he quote his friend?
As a protected species, i.e. a Gas Stuff plumber, his racially offensive comment will probably remain and my criticism of him will be deleted PDQ!
I think not! How else can one debate racism if the offensive (to some) words are not included.

Gasbanni tries to convince us he's not racist, yet he resorts to using a racially offensive expression in the process!
The only thing I'm convinced of is his low intellect and poor judgement!

Got to disagree with you're interpretation I'm afraid. You can insult you're friends, and they'll happily take it, because it's the way of a lot of blokes saying I like you, and you're friends know it. Not being jovial ( and therefor also, at times rude) with them, is a saying I'm not really that comfortable, nor too close with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since G was explaining a situ, and I have no reason to disbelieve him, how else could he quote his friend?
Fair comment, shutpa. I must say it's refreshing to know one can hold a discussion without it deteriorating into abuse.
I say it's a fair comment, but as usual, G's posts are split into two parts, invariably, the second part is not relevant to the first part. He could easily have posted the second part without the first part.
In this case it was like Roger arguing that he can't be racist because he's an immigrant himself. Or Trump arguing he can't be sexist because he married a woman. (I don't know if he has said that, but it sounds something like he'd say!)
Surely the best way to convince anyone about whether one is racist or not, is to allow them to form their own opinion depending on your behaviour.
If G can't discuss whether he's racist or not without resorting to a racially offensive expression, it says a lot about his intellect, his judgement and his limited vocabulary, as I mentioned in my post.
Moreover, that specific expression was discussed in depth very recently and IMO, the forum unanimously agreed that it was racially offensive.
I think it was a blatant excuse to use a racially offensive expression, wrapped up in a comment about how he can't be racist!

I think not! How else can one debate racism if the offensive (to some) words are not included.
We weren't discussing racism, G was trying to convince us that he's not racist, therefore his comment was about himself, not racism in general.

Last edited:
We weren't discussing racism, G was trying to convince us that he's not racist, therefore his comment was about himself, not racism in general.

But he isn't racist.. He merely differentiates between people who should be here and people who shouldn't and highlighted some name calling

But he isn't racist.. He merely differentiates between people who should be here and people who shouldn't and highlighted some name calling
He argued that he's against "mass immigration" and then exploited that as an excuse to use a racially offensive expression.
There was no differentiation about who should/shouldn't be here, other than to put his point of view about immigration. Unless we can assume he meant that there should be no immigration at all. His opinion on immigration does not determine whether he is racist or not.
To exploit the opportunity to use a racially offensive expression, especially one that had been recently discussed, demonstrates either his racist attitude and/or his low intellect, poor judgement and limited vocabulary.

Additionally, it's not the first time that gasbag has used this story to use racially offensive expressions. I refer you to his post of 23rd June 2016:
I've been called a racist .... really ? .I have close friends black,brown, mid brown.
Ok can you explain to me how I'm racist ....... I couldn't care less about the colour of a man's skin.
Recently my friend told me a work colleague called him a monkey when I said "You are ! "He said " Dave there's only you that could get away with that !"
Last week he told me someone he considered a good work mate called him a Nig Nog........I might be a lot of things ......but liar, racist, thief,crook I'm not.
And again in March:
upload_2016-9-29_15-8-6.png

Last edited:
You should have included the warning:

"Spoiler alert: Brexiteers who now permit themselves to read only positive articles about the project to leave the European Union, should cease reading immediately"

...........the best way to convince anyone about whether one is racist or not, is to allow them to form their own opinion depending on your behaviour.....(and)....
If G can't discuss whether he's racist or not without resorting to a racially offensive expression, it says a lot about ...........his judgement.
It was a blatant excuse to use a racially offensive expression, wrapped up in a comment about how he can't be racist!
My apologies Himaginn! In an earlier reply, I stated that having experienced racism first hand, I can very easily recognise racism in replies to threads. I was wrong! Had I known about the previous publication of G's examples, my opinion would have been the exact opposite of that which I posted. As things now stand, my earlier comment of man's inhumanity to man is well demonstrated by the quotes in your reply. Well done you.

Thanks to you also, Shutpa. Without your post I wouldn't have bothered with G's previous posts.

Sponsored Links
Back