Problem with Performa 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just recently we got a flame fault flashing neon. i reset as per instuctions and everything went fine for a few days.
today the same thing happened again, when i reset this time, the boiler seemed to start (pump starts and i think fan as well) the ignition clicked three times and it went to flame fault flashing. i tried reseting several times and the same thing happened. we left it alone for a while and it started working normaly again when tried. my wife says it seems to happen more when the heating has been in operation for a lengthy while.

i was wondering if anyone has any ideas what the causes of the fault might be?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Its at the part of the sequence where the gas should come out and light at the burner.

You need a corgi guy round to find out whether or not its coming out and if it is then why isnt it lighting.
Top of the list of suspects is the gas valve.

What if the spark isnt happening right at the burner?
Next on the list is piezo wire and electrode.

What if the gas valve isnt getting a signal from the pcb to open and let the gas out to the burner.
PCB is possible but unlikely.

Well there some ideas like you asked for.

FWIW I have changed a few gas valves on these

I have seen more gas valves changed unnecessarily when the only problem was the min/max was not set correctly!

Anyway its a CORGI job!

Tony

it seems to happen more when the heating has been in operation for a lengthy while.

Rectification probe not sensing low flame or gas valve minimum setting too low.

Sponsored Links
thanks to all for your replies. the engineer we normally use is corgi registered and he said that he will carry out some checks when he visits.
the odd thing is that it's been working fine since yesterday evening. both heating and hot water. seems like it has a mind of its own.
i'll post what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back