Problems after replacing a pump

Sponsored Links
Well truning all the hot rads off didnt make any difference....the ones downstairs are still cold. Could this be just loads of air stuck in the system since it has been drained?

had this problem last week....as u have just done...try sticking a hose to a drain valve and open it fast for some 10-20 seconds ...or more i suppose.
the sudden opening of the drain should dislodge air blocks....
close the drain valve and check that rad is getting hot.
u might have to repeat that for all downstairs rads.
(the one i was working on was 10mm microbore which does not help

Sponsored Links
After loads of messing around and bleeding of rads, I decided to turn the pump around.......................and hey presto, problem solved!!!

Was almost certain that it was the correct way around in the first place, but there you go........

Just because it works doesn't mean it's right! Flipping the pump is a std way to shift air locks, but do check it's the right way round - pumps from the flow o the boiler and towards the return.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back