Property Developers

I wonder what these pepole would do if they had to face real life. most of us are well protected, but we could do something useful. A solicitor on the other hand? "I'll write you a letter for a days food". P*ss off

Sponsored Links
........Property surveyor........

I was under the impression you were complaining about developers, not surveyors. Is it the case then, that you employed a surveyor to inspect the house and he didn't pick up the faults?

If so, report him to the trading standards office as well. I'd accept your claim against him is justified.

HOWEVER, I could not understand anyone employing someone whom they didn't know VERY well to look at a house for them, and then buy it without looking at it themselves. Unless they are very rich and can afford not to worry.

Sponsored Links
Mark Smith said:
In addition to my posting, I draw your your attention to what it quotes on the practice rules for solicitors

The solicitor has to investigate the title of the property and appurtenants rights, reporting any defects revealed, advising the need for any consequential statutory declaration declarations or indemnity insurance, and approving and effecting indemnity cover if required by the lender and reporting if the solicitor is aware of any rights needed for the use or enjoyment of property of the property over other land.

Mark:
Broken tiles in the bathroom
Missing tiling
Missing grouting
Fire door overcut
Missing Screws on door hinges
Missing Mortar Joints
Missing Roof tiles

All these are easily put right though.

Mark:
Zurich states the developer warrants to put right damage or defects that do not meet the standards of construction..... and guess what they are the ones who enforce there own contract. Is this really fair????

...so that's a bit like self-assessment then?

I agree that we all expect perfection but life isn't like that.Think of it like any mass-produced item; there are occasional problems. If you bought a building plot and employed the contractors on day-rate you will get a perfect job, but it's not done like that on mass produced houses.
I would be unhappy if the walls were not plumb, the house was out of square,the brickwork was not coursed correctly, the drains ran uphill etc. Don't you agree that these are the things to be really concerned about.

All I can say is the consumer gets the RAW end of the deal.

And don't you just love telling everybody. This poor, ignorant, hard done-by, helpless, moaning consumer. If the consumer wasn't so lazy and greedy they wouldn't expect everything for nothing. It's not all one sided, despite your incessant griping. I did a perfectly good job, the customer said so. It still didn't stop them docking a couple of hunderd off the bill becasue they said something THEY did was MY fault.

Mark, can I suggest you go and find something else to amuse yourself with? We know you think you are a poor victim. Well, if life was not so cushy for most of us I might sympathise, but since most of us (and that includes you) have more than we need, just think you have food on the table, a house to live in and probably reasonably good health. Now stop moaning.

Oilman is a well respected member of this forum. Oilman posts his views and suggestions to those who ask / need help in his respective field of skill / anything he wishes to comment on. that is why he has so many posts, all you seem to do is whinge about your house.

Also oilman does not post then post again as you seem to, there is an
icon_edit.gif
button which actually does work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back