Pump problem of sludge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the last week or so 4 or my downstairs radiators have gone luke warm. The radiators up stairs are fine.

Today I drained the system and put a flusher chemical through it. I know this might take a while to work.

I then went to bleed the radiators. The top ones bled fine, lots of air.
But the downstairs ones were still full of cold water :cry:

I then turned down the upstairs radiators and was able to get heat out of 2 downstairs ones. If I shut them off I was then able to get heat in the big livingroom one.

What is going on?
Pump failing? have tired bleeding it.
Or sludge?
Or a combination of the two?

The boiler is really, really old. No it's pensionable. Its a Baxi WM511.
If that means anything to anyone.

Cheers in advance for any advice or p*** taking :D

Sponsored Links
Clean out system and balance radiators.

Now then, does Wee man = LITTLE OLD MAN = LITTLE OLD LADY? looks bleeeding suspicious

Maybe the moderaters can check the IP addresses of suspect posters and block their access to the site!. :evil:

BAHCO said:
Maybe the moderaters can check the IP addresses of suspect posters and block their access to the site!. :evil:

So who said free speech was dead?

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advice, nothing suspect about me.

Not very tall, so my mates call me Wee Man :D

What's the best way to balance all the radiators?

I know next to nothing about central heating.

Must admit, the style has some notable differences.

If you are genuine do a search on this forum on balancing. :D

If you are not...................... :evil:

Whats wrong with calling myself Wee Man? Your named after a brand of adjustable spanner! My real name is Gregg.

And yes I am genuine, don't know if there had been a problem with another member calling themself Little Old Man/Lady etc etc

Fair dues mate :LOL:

There have been some wind up merchants in the past and I am glad you are genuine.

Plenty of posts about balancing, if you get stuck post back. The general idea is that you shut down a bit the hottest rads and open up cooler ones so that each rad gets its fair share of the hot water.
Good luck :D

Thanks Bahco, will give that a try. :D
Still sifting through the search list on balacing radiators, there are
just one of two :eek:

Try doing a web search, I can't remember where it is, but I have seen a good article on balancing.

There's nothing a cleaner likes more than faster pumping.

wish somebody would tell mine that
perdona.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back