Purchase FCU combined lightswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the switch for our bathroom as the switch is faulty but I've never seen one like it before. It is a combined FCU for the fan & lightswitch.
Any suggestions where I can buy one please?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I need to replace the switch for our bathroom as the motherboard is faulty but I've never seen one like it before. It is a combined FCU for the fan & lightswitch.
What do you mean by the 'motherboard'?

Are the lights and fan perhaps switched separately? If not, then surely a standard switched FCU would do, wouldn't it?

Kind Regards, John

I will guess it is a grid switch?
81450_P
this shows the normal frame, am I getting anywhere near?

Sponsored Links
It's a double pole switch + fuse

The neutrals seem not to be switched and they should

Suggest you get one of THESE
Then you can leave it as it is, or do it properly and wire the neutrals in as well.

It does already have an isolator switch already above the door. It was installed when the property was built 7 years ago by Strata Homes' electrician

It's a double pole switch + fuse. The neutrals seem not to be switched and they should .... Suggest you get one of THESE .... Then you can leave it as it is, or do it properly and wire the neutrals in as well.
I think it's probably less than totally straightforward. The OP has now told us that he does have a fan isolator, but it seems that "leaving it as it is" is probably not an option - although we don't know what "motherboard" was meant to be, there seems to be some reason (a fault) why the OP needs to replace the accessory.

It looks as if the fan and lights are switched separately, using the L & N 'sides' of the DP switch, with (just) the fan supplied via the fuse. If the OP could replace that accessory with an identical one (maybe using a grid switch) then he could connect it as now, but otherwise a bit of changing to the wiring would be necessary).

Kind Regards, John

Yes John, I was just hoping to find an identical switch so that I could simply wire it the same way. It's the rocker switch that's faulty. When it's off the wall it works acceptably but when the rear is obviously pressed against all those wires inside it's not 'rocking' properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back