Qualifications

Sponsored Links
Pobodies Nerfect! The one I remember was "No Smoking Ban" where he had said total reverse of what he intended.

But I have noted a few times the BAS has right idea but he has failed to include enough for non electricians to work out what they need. Last was picture of grid switch face plate. Likely just what guy wanted. But without the name "Grid Switch" he was unlikely to find it.

To point out spelling OK but at least point in right direction. I am dyslexic and I use the spell check a lot. But that also can cause problems where the spell checker has corrected to the wrong word. So there is a point to be made that spell checkers can cause problems as well as solve them.

I have many times said to my children "You don't want an ice cream do you" so now the answer is "No I do want one" making sure everyone will understand their reply.

But really to say or write anything with the intention that the other party will miss-understand has to be wrong.

Question on why PPE already answered. OK we are told PPE should be required as a last resort. In other words one should strive to make a safe working environment. But in the main I would wear PPE even if not required in case I have made a mistake in my risk assessment. Even though I nearly lost my finger due to wearing gloves which were too tight.

The other issue with cut-outs is that you don't actually know until you pull the fuse if there will be any live exposed metalwork or not. Fair enough in the more recent types you may have a chance but there are no guarantees.

Of course if there is live metalwork if you are not trained you fall foul of the Electricity at Work Regulations. Even if you have got the correct shrouding to cover the live bits you are still in effect working on/near live metalwork to fit it!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back