Question Time.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The UKIP lady said it was a bad idea to allow more Syrians in. Nobody clapped.

Some Greek bloke said they should let them all in - and the audience clapped its hands off.

Why is that?

Sponsored Links

Some Greek bloke said they should let them all in - and the audience clapped its hands off.

Why is that?

Selected panel, selected audience. Been that way for yonks

It's the BBC. The first B no longer stands for British (work it out).

Sponsored Links

Why is that?
Yes, I saw that too. The first response to the first question. Not a single clap. It was almost as if it was a set up. As Hawkeye said, it immediately crossed my mind that, yes, here again is a 'carefully selected' audience.

Then the greasy Greek responded (whose idea was it to get in a Greek finance minister anyway?) and almost before he'd spoken a single sentence there broke out an immediate ovation from the 'carefully selected' audience. It could have been scripted and rehearsed several times beforehand in order to get it right.

I wonder whether if our forthcoming army of 'refugees' were to be housed entirely in Cambridge, the trendy lefty-liberals of that town might not clap so eagerly the next time such a question is asked.

Once again, the BBC view the public with such contempt that they truly believe we are too stupid to see through their little lefty agendas.

here we have several people with similar views going against the thoughts off the vast majority wondering why in the real world people don't applaud there views :rolleyes:

here we have several people with similar views going against the thoughts off the vast majority
I think that statement is totally incorrect.
in your world perhaps
where i live some but not many i talk to express annoyance at the "high" numbers
most wish we where more charitable any where from a few more to several times as many

And are you a tradesman? Do you get to meet lots of different people in different areas? I have always found that most people don't want to talk about it because they don't want to cause any trouble or be branded but eventually the truth comes out about how they feel.

Kippers and Xenophobes think they are the majority.

They aren't.

Kippers and Xenophobes think they are the majority.

They aren't.
I'd like to point out that, although I am a 'Kipper', I am not a xenophobe. I have travelled to many countries abroad and in most cases have found the 'foreigners' to be very amenable people.

Here, then, is an excellent illustration of the attitude of many people who resent the increasing popularity of UKIP. They completely fail to understand that the primary aim of UKIP is to secure our independence from the EU. We are not averse to trading with other European countries, but do not see why such a free trade arrangement needs to be at the expense of political control by unelected foreign politicians. The most annoying thing is that I read about regular diktats being issued from Brussels which are not in the best interests of our nation. Of course, our wimpy politicians just roll over and do what they are told.

Sponsored Links
Back