Radiator Plumbing Picture Conudrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - see picture below.

I have installed the radiator in red (toilet) today. Having turned boiler back on (all rads bled etc), no heat is getting to this new rad at all.

I have questioned whether rads can work by having the hot water go from the gorund floor to the upstairs and then to a rad back down on the gorund floor, but the utility does this fine (this runs direct off the 22mm whilst the new one spurs of a feed to another radiator).

The rad has a thermo valve on it - coudl this be bust (doubt it)?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Try turning off the other rads, it could be an airlock. If the toilet rad starts getting hot balancing is required.

as if by magic, that worked!

another question - can you reccomend anythign for a very minor leak on the male rad insert? there is a slight drip but i cant go for the hike of taking it all off again.

Sponsored Links
as if by magic, that worked!

another question - can you reccomend anythign for a very minor leak on the male rad insert? there is a slight drip but i cant go for the hike of taking it all off again.

There is only one solution and you already know what it is ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back