re-warmfront advice please

what on earth are you on about anyone who grew up in the 60 70 etc have had cheap houses
Only a limited few lived in private houses on the posh estate when I was at secondary modern. As second generation to my “new town pioneer” parents, I did have the benefit of a council house though which I later bought but, hey, I didn’t make the rules just took advantage of them. When I applied for my first mortgage, I had to wait 3 months for an interview with the bank manager who turned me down as did two others before I was finally accepted into an endowment scheme (one policy I’m still paying for) which was my only alternative; for this privilege I had to pay interest in double figures.
have final salary pensions what do i get 200k plus house to pay for a pension not worth talking about,
But the majority have paid up to 10% of their salary for up to 40 years to get it. I do have a lot of sympathy for those now in difficult situations with pensions & I don’t have a solution but it’s Brown you need to thank for killing that one off for you; I just bought into the prevailing system, are you saying you wouldn’t have! Where you live & how much you pay is dictated by how much you earn & that is dictated by how much effort you put in, how long & how hard you graft.

so dont make out he has had it hard the young 20 year olds of today have got it very very hard.
Most 20 years olds probably haven’t been sober for long enough to know what hard is; I admit I had a good time at that age but didn’t have anywhere near the disposable income they have now. My parents had diddly squat; a coal fire, no TV till I was 10, no phone, no car & 1 weeks holiday a year in a grotty Clacton B&B. They could not afford to support me beyond school & I had to go out & get a job, hold that down, pay rent & pay for my own on-going academic education; no bloody grants or even loans when I did it. Kids (& I’ve had/got them) get far more & have it far easier than I ever did. I’ve never begrudged them of it & am still paying but nobody owes them a living. They should be grateful for what their parents have done & in many cases are still doing for them, not laying blame for their perceived problems. If you want it, stop whinging, get out there & make it happen the same way the rest of us did.

Sponsored Links
Get your money out and pay your dues :!:
Paid my dues over my last 50 years of working.Can you say the same?

You sure as hell are not paying them now are you :LOL:

Warmfront, cen, coldbusters, Installed on all of these. Most of the c*nts that get these grants should not f*cking be :evil:

Cant afford it, sell your house or get a job, or if its a rental property to sum bum that the tax payer pays for sell it.
Actually my freind I am paying now.My pension is taxed.My savings are taxed.My private pensions are taxed.I broke my back at work, thats fact, not bullshut most on here are spoutng.I mean for real, still carried on working, although in another capacity.I started work in the 50,s not 70,s.Never claimed a thing.don,t owe a penny.no mortgage.always helping my childre/grandchildren/great grandchildren/ because it it a different world now.Don,t give me HARD, my life was bloody hard, only got what I worked for.I am not looking for a handout.I was advised to claim, by the GOV.I honestly believe a lot of anger on here is by certain people who cannot get in on the action, the scheme was /is abused, as all schemes are.I probably will opt to pay for my own boiler, as everything else, and leave the scheme to those more needy, or those who milk the system, whatever.I,ve one motto in life, You can always get away with paying.THere really are some vindictive people about, and for some reason this Blog seems to attract them.I use it regularly for genuine advice, and get good advice,some tongue in cheek.I ,ve liased with most on here a one time or another,but didn,t expext a simple question about a scheme could cause such venom.Transam , Thanks, as usual, you are ace.Richard C, also, I believe I,ve thanked all I deem grateful.others,Grow up.PS Lawrence, don,t you ever tire of using the gutter language.Iv,e served in the navy, worked as a miner for 20 years, engineer, ran my own buissiness, seldom needed to resort to that type of language, and I do use it, at the right time and place.I can imagine you on the job, in someones house using it.You wouldn,t work for me, no matter how qualified you are,or say you are.I wonder what you and your ilk put down as claims as legal expenses on your tax returns, are you 100% pure? I doubt itNever done a job where cash was involved All declaredNever fitted a boiler for anyone under the Gov scrappage scheme, designed not for Green lobby, but for the Heating Industry..£3-400 Grant towards new boiler".Man know thyself".This isn,t the first time you have had a dig at me and other OAP,s Remember, I do.You appear to have a OAP problem, you won,t when you become one.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=243507&start=45&sid=9a1c5d1d86ab2bbb7125fcdd54ae1d16

Hi check my thread out. I applied for the grant and guess what...i got the vaillant they promised me in the first place. bit of a fight but got there in the end. if you'd like some advice send me a message.

And take no notice of the some of the regular jokers on here. I shot the likes of lawrance et al down in my thread . If they're still moaning then my guess is being an tw*t must be in fashion where they're from.

:mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back