Redfyre Centrajet 18/25 Lock outs

Is the ignition transformer conventionally wound unit or has it been replaced with an electronic version. There may be some cluesto be had if you 'hot wire' the transformer and give it some repeat operations. If conventionally wound, are there any signs of melted insulation? If electronic, is there any evidence of lumpiness?

Sponsored Links
Hi oilhead,
Thanks for your input.
The ignition is by conventional wound transformer. There are no signs of overheating or melting of windings or insulation.
Having observed the spark on a significant number of firings (throug the blue plastic lens on the burner) the spark is steady and constant. There are no indications of drop outs or stuttering.
There is enough spark visible to assess it's state but not enough that a 'false flame' would be detected by the photo cell.
At the moment it is firing up fine so I will keep observing.

Try adjusting the electrodes a bit further forwards so that they are in the spray pattern a bit more
I've had this trouble with a nu way before,just a thought.Bob

Hi oilboffin,
Thanks for the thought.
Another lockout on first firing this morning. That's 4 days since the last one! Fired first time on pressing the reset and OK since then.
The electrodes were re set by the boiler engineer on his last visit but I will have a look. I have the installation details for guidance on dimensions.
I have a spare motor and coupling and, although I don't think it's that, I will change that out for the new one later.
I will keep the post up to date with any progress.

Sponsored Links
I completely agree Terrywookfit but the new motor was sitting there on the shelf so there was nothing to loose.
The pump felt OK with no tight spots, the coupling was sound and the fan was not binding anywhere.
Assuming the engineer's assessment of the Danfoss pump is correct and it is sound (which I believe it is), the only components that have not been changed are the pump solenoid valve, the ignition transformer, HT leads and spark electrodes.
I'll keep monitoring it.
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back