Redfyre Centrajet 18/28 Burner Motor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Can anyone advise where I can get a replacement burner motor for this boiler please. I appreciate it is an oldie but the pennies won't stretch to a new boiler at the moment.

I've googled it but none of the websites seem to recognise it or have spares for it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I may be wrong, but from what I've read 'redfyre centrajet 18/28 is the name of the boiler. You need to know what burner is fitted.
I understand it could well be the D42 selectos

Have a look at heating-parts on line catalogue.....quite a few motor pictures on there. Brilliant firm too. John :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the quick response, the burner is a Selectos D42 as Mandate suggested. As it turned out Nuway were the only ones with a suitable motor in stock so I got it from them and we're up and running again.

Once again thanks for your help, I think that when it breaks down again it'll be either a new burner or a new boiler.

Cheers

Rambler

Sponsored Links
Hi WDIK! do you happen to know which model of 'sterling burner' is a direct replacment for the D42 Selectos.

Your D.42 is a supurb burner, and if looked after should last for a while yet, The Centrajet is a very old boiler, I personally would not fork out £300+ for a repalcement Burner, (you might pick up a 2nd hand one from a scrapped boiler, but otherwise keep your £300 to put towards a new boiler!!

To be honest I'm running out of things to replace on it.

Over the last 2 winters I've already replaced the pump, controller, boiler stat, fuel safety cut-off, fuel supply hose, nozzle and the electronic eye.

So I suppose you could say that I nearly already have a new burner, the only thing I can think of that's left is the HT coil and electrodes. I'm hoping that now I might get a couple of winters more out of it.

It may not be a bad idea to get an old unit as a back-up, where am I likely to find them? normal scrap yard??

Rambler1";p="1389764 said:
I'm hoping that now I might get a couple of winters more out of it.
What? just a couple. I replaced my pump, transformer, control box and photo cell. That was in 1996 and I'm hoping to get a few more winters out of it. Boiler installed 1973.

Hey Mandate,

I'll take it if I get it, believe me I'm not in a hurry to start replacing burners or boilers. The main concern is that I don't end up not being able to get spares. If I can get hold of an old unit or two I can hopefully keep going for some time to come.

I understand what you mean. However I'm convident spares are available, but not by original manufacturers.
My Sunstrand pump replaced with a Suntec.
'Petercam' or 'Danfoss' control box replaced with Landis & Gyr or a Satronic

Wouldn't worry about spares for the burner as Mandate has indicated they're available but maybe not like for like manufacturers

OK, Thanks for your help guys. I'll hang on to it as long as I can get spares and in the meantime keep an eye open for a used one for back-up.

This forum is a great asset to have access to, its always reassuring to be able to tap into other peoples experiences.

Cheers

Rambler1

in 1984 a friend of mine got an old Centrajet out of a waste skip, it was produced in 1971, he fitted it in the basement of his wing of an old georgian hall and I wired and Commissioined it, 1986 it stopped, I fitted a new burner motor and away it went, it is now 2009, the boiler has not had any further repairs since this time, it did get serviced in 1997!! could it be that redfyre Centrajets are indestuctible?:cool:

Certainly sounds like it Boilerman, I've had this one since I bought the house 16 years ago and its only in the last couple of years that I've had to change a few things. Initially I had a local "repairman" in to "service" it but when I got home from work the utility area was flooded with an inch of fuel. When I contacted him needless to say it was nothing to do with him.

At that stage I decided to take matters into my own hands and do all servicing/repairs myself. Its been a little bit of a learning curve having not worked on boilers before, but with lots of experience on diesel engines and understanding the basics of combustion and electrics it wasn't exactly difficult.

My main concern was the availability of parts, but now I've found that NuWay are not too far from me and the motor I got from them is working fine I'll stick with it for a while longer. In the meantime I'll keep an eye open for an old unit as a back-up.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back