Reduction of national speed limit petition

Sponsored Links
my understanding is that the intention is to reduce the speed limit on key problematic roads, which would make more sense.

Sponsored Links
At 50MPH none of us will be able to get ANYWHERE in a rush!

CONTROL
CONTROL
CONTROL

That's all this government want to do!!!! Efff them!

you all must stress to much.
nothing i like better than holding them IT bods up rushing for the station in the morning.

drunk-irish-048.gif

my understanding is that the intention is to reduce the speed limit on key problematic roads, which would make more sense.

Yes, probably the one's where they don't raise enough revenue...... :rolleyes:

Up to a point, but which is more cost effective - clearing up debris, use of emergency services and hospital fees, or slowing down a bit!

Up to a point, but which is more cost effective - clearing up debris, use of emergency services and hospital fees, or slowing down a bit!
A loaded question indeed.

Why not 40 or 30 or 20mph, to reduce accidents even further.
Why not wrap ourselves in cotton wool and stay in bed.

Everything we do in life has some risk, their needs to be balance.
As Blasphemous said, it's more about control.

Why not 40 or 30 or 20mph, to reduce accidents even further.
Why not wrap ourselves in cotton wool and stay in bed.

Everything we do in life has some risk, their needs to be balance.
As Blasphemous said, it's more about control.

Agree up to a point - but I see nothing wrong with concentrating on notorious danger areas.

Poor road design and people being unfamiliar with the road come into play.
Most drivers can adapt to the changing conditions - there are a lot of roads around here which are technically 60mph but I wouldn't do more than 20mph on them i.e. I adapt my driving to the road conditions as I believe most drivers would also - it is a little known phenomenon called common sense which it appears the government think the common man has none left nowadays!

Sponsored Links
Back