References

• Thread starter cantaloup63
  • Start date
And all the resembling is knackering, so night night ............

Sponsored Links
You may wish to know that she is herself a Polish immigrant who has never done a legitimate day's work in the UK nor paid taxes. I mention this since I know how much it warms the cockles of some of our poster's hearts.

I thought these Polish people were free to come here and work?? Not sign up for benefits etc. You say she's never done a days work over here? She should be entitled to sweet FA.
Good on you Cantaloup... If nothing else, you have taught her a valuable life lesson, that us Brit's are not the pushover they think we are. ;) ;) ;)

I thought these Polish people were free to come here and work?? Not sign up for benefits etc. You say she's never done a days work over here? She should be entitled to sweet FA.
:
I think that when she first came over she was married to a fellow Pole who did have a job, but this fell apart and she was left holding the young child at the time and he contributed nothing towards either of their upkeep. She has had two children over the last 4 years from different fathers since then, neither of whom are still around.

She did have some casual cash-in-hand work cleaning for the neighbours, but they "let her go" because she was taking the money but not doing the work. At that time, my elderly mother was still living in the house and we paid her cash to provide meals and clean some of the communal areas as well as my mother's rooms. I subsequently found out that my mother, whose mind was starting to fail, was also giving her money for some of the same tasks, even though there was scant evidence that any cleaning took place (when I asked her why the rooms weren't being cleaned, she explained that is was because they were "dirty" :rolleyes: ) and the food she provided was minimal and not something that my mother wanted to eat anyway. So we also had to let her go.

All in all, she is a "taker" and seems to think that the world owes her. I honestly believe that she fully expected all and sundry to find her a nice 4 bedroom house in the leafy suburbs which the state would pay for (including all bills) and make arrangements for her to move there at her leisure.

Ultimately, she has made her bed and now has to face the consequences - we haven't forced the issue until the point when we had no choice and have (we believe) always been generous towards our tenants. One of the rooms that her eldest daughter occupies has been provided free of charge due to the lack of facilities within it, and the repayment for this gesture of kindness and goodwill was that the woman complained to the council about a bit of water damage to the ceiling within it.

And now, she wants a glowing reference.

Sponsored Links
I'd say rules is rules; but the last post Cantaloup suggests something more sinister. As her landlord, and as the council have nothing available, surely it's your responsibility to rehome her into suitable property.

However your main post regards giving her a reference. You should give an honest one, based on your professional attitude, not the illegal activities that you have commited, by avoiding paying tax for. And your reference should reflect that, otherwise, she could tell the Inland Revenue about your illegal activities.

All seems a little underhand, due to the points in your last post fella.

I'd say rules is rules; but the last post Cantaloup suggests something more sinister. As her landlord, and as the council have nothing available, surely it's your responsibility to rehome her into suitable property.

However your main post regards giving her a reference. You should give an honest one, based on your professional attitude, not the illegal activities that you have commited, by avoiding paying tax for. And your reference should reflect that, otherwise, she could tell the Inland Revenue about your illegal activities.

Sadly we do not have any responsibility to rehome her Micky. The bottom line is that by having this baby she started the ball rolling which inevitably and beyond our control has led to her eviction. The Council's ruling on the HMO insist that she has to leave, and since another department withing their offices pays her rent, it is up to them to find appropriate housing. We have provided free internet access for her to research letting agencies, and other tenants have offered to babysit should she wish to visit potential flats or estate agents. The feedback we have had is that she has made little to no effort to find other accommodation and fully expects the authorities to sortit out for her. She turned down the offer of a temporary local hostel from the council a few months ago, and apparently demanded a proper flat instead.

As for the Inland Revenue, we declare our income and expenses. It is up to her, and not us, to declare hers when she does her annual tax return in precisely the same way that another tenant does who has taken over the role of general communal area cleaner, since they are self employed So we have not acted outside the law, but thank you for highlighting a valid concern. :)

Nice.
As usual, completely wide of the mark again.

Instead of wasting time on forums why don't you go out and get a job!

Scum breeder. Deserves all she gets. Well done if you kick her arse out!

As for the Inland Revenue, we declare our income and expenses. It is up to her, and not us, to declare hers when she does her annual tax return in precisely the same way that another tenant does who has taken over the role of general communal area cleaner, since they are self employed So we have not acted outside the law, but thank you for highlighting a valid concern. :)

Well done Micky. You don't half jump to conclusions. Have you considered a career as a professional jury member?? No need for a trial at all. Prisons would be full within a week. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Do you actually read any of the posts on here before replying?
Go back to the beginning and re-read. I think that you'll find that Canty has tried all possible channels to help and yet this immigrant does not want to know. He and his company have followed the correct proceedures and are within the law to take action. What illegal activities did the company ensue that would involve the Inland Revenue?

In fairness to Micky, I can see how one might view hiring an illegal immigrant for a paltry slave wage and not adhering to employment laws could be viewed as sinister.

However, to reiterate, in this situation, this is not the case. I hope that this clears up any misunderstanding for you Micky and saves you the onerous task of re-reading the whole thread. ;)

and are within the law to take action.
Thanks for you support :D I highlight this part of your post to again repeat that the law (HMO) dictates that we do take action, and that failure for us to do so would make our actions illegal.

and are within the law to take action.
Thanks for you support :D I highlight this part of your post to again repeat that the law (HMO) dictates that we do take action, and that failure for us to do so would make our actions illegal.
No probs fella. I support anyone within the law and trying to do their job within the guidlines set before us. Unfortunately, there are those amongst us that having an immigrant that believes they should have all the trappings of a good life that we, the indigenous population have strived to achieve for years, without them contributing to our economy, is laughable.

I rather suspect it's a case of getting her out, so that you can make more money from the next tenants, if this is the case shame on you, particularly at this time of the year, playing with peoples lives is something you are not entitled to do.
My daughter and son inlaw have just been evicted from a house they were renting, because the owner defaulted on his mortgage, not pleasant.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back