regulations.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have done a 10 evening corse at collage rewiring a house but would like to know the regulations .
Is their a Web site that has all the 16th edition wiring regulations that I can read and not have to buy or go to collage for?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
No, its a copyrighted publication, go and buy them you tightwad! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Shows what sort of electrician you will make if you're already trying to cut corners.

Welstead,

Surely spending £17.00 on the On Site Guide IEE regs book is the thing to do ? Have you no beer or book tokens left over from x-mas ??

How do expect to get through learning without having the relevant literature to hand ?

If £17.00 is stopping you at the moment, then I suggest you think ahead to what else you will need to pay for, (over £1700.00 sounds nearer the mark to me!, and thats just for a set of decent tools + test kit + some more training :LOL:).

Welstead wrote:

I have done a 10 evening corse at collage rewiring a house but would like to know the regulations .

what kind of course is this?

Is their a Web site that has all the 16th edition wiring regulations that I can read and not have to buy or go to collage for?

like theyre going to give them away! who would pay for the book then?

sorry for sarcasm but this thread made me laugh :LOL: :LOL:

Local library --Thanks! i am only a diyer and a good one at that. i will not spend a penny on the cow boys!

how ironic.

In my industy (IT) the people that think they are competent and good (And wont ask questions) are usually the worst!

Welstead said:
Local library --Thanks! i am only a diyer and a good one at that. i will not spend a penny on the cow boys!

IEE = cowboys, discuss!! :LOL:

But he's a good Diyer, no literature, no calibrated test equip (we presume) so nobody has to worry....

TTC

GOD! - I am not looking to be a brain surgeon, not looking to rewire concord or the space station.
Some one said that those that think they are good don’t ask questions. What do you think I am doing now!
I think the 16th book might answer most of my questions! I’m going to ask another question! Will the 16th book answer my questions?
The building regulations are driving me mad. I’m now not sure which side of the bed I should get into, or if I should earth the bed,So that me and the wife don’t get a static shock and die!

Information doesn't always come free. If you want to work in your house (and your mates) legally and sensibly you have to invest both your time and your money getting the info. A few quid on a good reference book is money well spent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back