regulations.

Welstead, I'm sorry to put it like this but your sob story about how hard life is isn't changing anything. The regulations are there for a reason, to let people know what is safe to do and what isn't safe to do. If you are sick of them leave the jobs to someone who knows what they are doing (and who has the correct attitude about doing a job properly).

You won't have any chance of becoming qualified with your attitude towards regulations because electrical work is full of them, and the reason is that electricity can kill. If you don't follow the regulations and someone dies its your ass on the line. So either fork out the cash and read up on them, then go back and finish learning or give up on the idea.

Davy

Sponsored Links
I'm beginning to dislike you.

Most tradespeople do not object to the regulations imposed upon them. They understand they are there to ensure that work is carried out to a high standard and in a safe manner.

People who object to regulations are the people who do not understand the purpose of them, and why it is important to adhere to them.

When they do they get ripped off or the job is of poor quality

I think you have watched one too many episodes of rogue traders.

Just like the laws of the land, you cannot pick which regs you like, and which to ignore!

Sponsored Links
Welstead said:
Some regulations are ok, but the world has gone mad. Even most trade’s men think the same as me.
This is a bizarre claim. The world certainly isn't the one who's gone mad. :confused:

You're clearly not a tradesman, of any kind whatsoever, so the idea that you know what other tradesmen think is pretty far-fetched.

Welstead said:
Some regulations are ok, but the world has gone mad. Even most trade’s men think the same as me.

Interesting.

I have no idea what other tradesmen think, but I can spot a cowboy a mile away.

I bet you answer your mobile phone while you're driving, park in disabled spaces and indicate only when it suits you, because those particular requirements are obviously stupid and were drafted without your consent.

& I drive at 90Mph on a motorway because I don't believe the stupid 70 limit as my car can do 120.

Do you, DESL? Just let me know which mways you frequent, and I'll avoid them! :LOL:

I have to give the old Skoda a bit of exercise now then

If the regulations are so good, when will the public not be able to rewire a three pined plug? I’ve been wirings them since I was 6 years old and I have seen some very badly wired plugs that were done by other people. Often they have got the wrong fuse. It must be Dangerous, so why no regulations?

Welstead said:
If the regulations are so good, when will the public not be able to rewire a three pined plug? I’ve been wirings them since I was 6 years old and I have seen some very badly wired plugs that were done by other people. Often they have got the wrong fuse. It must be Dangerous, so why no regulations?
All domestic electrical work IS covered by regulations - the Building Regulations.

The point that most people on this topic have been making is that you haven't bothered to find out the regulations that cover the work you do (or intend to do).

What is your point?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back