regulations.

Sponsored Links
If the regulations are so good, when will the public not be able to rewire a three pined plug? I’ve been wirings them since I was 6 years old and I have seen some very badly wired plugs that were done by other people. Often they have got the wrong fuse. It must be Dangerous, so why no regulations?

That's why all new electrical appliances etc come with moulded on plug tops

Welstead said:
i only got one driving a fence -36 in a 30

20% over the limit in an area where the possible errors by others would make an accident possible. Hazards such as pedestrians, little children chasing balls, dogs car doors opened by passengers etc etc.

20% over the limit on a clear motorway ( 84 mph ) has far fewer hazards from other people so it does seem strange to impose 70 MPH. That is based on the ability ( lack of ) the average car user to react correctly to something un-forseen happening in his car.

And Welstead. next time you see an ambulance or fire engine on route to an urgent call in a built up area take note of the speed. Even with blue and sirens on that vehicle may be travelling at a speed LESS than the speed limit because in many areas the speed limit is TOO HIGH for safe progress.

I disagree with many regulations that I have to conform to. But I understand that they have to be there to protect the public from those who believe WRONGLY that they are in-fallible in making decisions.

Bernard
Sharnbrook

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back