Relocating electric cooker switch - help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope no one mind me asking more wiring questions but I still need some helpe regarding the wiring of a new double electric oven. My situation is as follows:

My new kitchen is getting fitted next week and I've been doing alot of chasing for new appliances to ensure cables are all hidden. The problem I have is the inclusion of a new electric double oven in a tall wall cabinet, flanked by other tall units and a double fridge. (approximate rating of 4.2kW)

The existing cooker outlet is in the far corner of the wall from a previous install, and is around 1.5m from the new oven position. I know I need to fit a new cooker control switch but with no worktop close by the only place I can think of is inside the adjacent cupboard. Have you come across this scenario before and can you recommend anything please? :confused:

My first thoughts are to chase to behind the adjacent cupboard, feed the cable through a hole and fit a surface mounted cooker control switch, and then run a cable from that back out through the same hole to a terminal outlet box' fixed to the wall directly behind the oven. Then run a suitable flex to the oven. :rolleyes:

I have looked on the "how to" sections but not found a similar scenario. Hopefully the answer to this will be of use to anyone else in the same situation as me.

Can anyone advise please?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip, there is another wall unit between the cooker and fridge and its not alwys going to be used. But seriously though, what would you suggest regarding the questions? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back