Ripped off by plumbing charges......please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

whith the big companys,you pay 20 % vat . for a service u can get just as good or better from self employed
for £600 . 00 i could of power flushed the system,flush out the plate.
fitted a tf1 filter, added inhibiter and serviced the boiler,and had change left over.

you will, of course, be giving a lifetime guarantee to the customer and re-flushing the system as necessary for free if any water quality issues return?

Sponsored Links

whith the big companys,you pay 20 % vat . for a service u can get just as good or better from self employed
fitted a tf1 filter, added inhibiter and serviced the boiler,and had change left over.

you will, of course, be giving a lifetime guarantee to the customer and re-flushing the system as necessary for free if any water quality issues return?

Of course, along with all the small print.

But that is a bit of a nonsense warrantee. I have a hard time believing that BG or any other company that guarantees their powerflush will go back after 15 years and do it again.

Provided it was flushed properly, and sufficient levels of inhibitor are maintained, we all know the gunge won't come back at all, let alone to levels that cause problems.
Therefore, if the problem DOES come back, we all know the inhibitor levels have not been maintained adequately.
Perfectly legitimate reason not to flush it again foc.

im not saying that the ladys ,heat system needs a power flush,i was just pointing out wat i could do whith that type of money.
2 year garantee on power flush.
a life time garentee, the costomer would need to agree ,only i do any
work on the system,and that i would once a year do a water test,chargable,

Sponsored Links
A lifetime guarantee for an elderly customer is not very difficult to give.

BG Bumlicker

But that is a bit of a nonsense warrantee. I have a hard time believing that BG or any other company that guarantees their powerflush will go back after 15 years and do it again.

Provided it was flushed properly, and sufficient levels of inhibitor are maintained, we all know the gunge won't come back at all, let alone to levels that cause problems.
Therefore, if the problem DOES come back, we all know the inhibitor levels have not been maintained adequately.
Perfectly legitimate reason not to flush it again foc.

believe it or not, that's what the customer is told. I have personally had reflushes done after as much as 6 years. In reality many customers will lose their paperwork over a period of time and have difficulty proving it.

If the system is not inhibited then the contract is void anyway, adding chemical is not included on any homecare agreement unless we have to drain the system down. I tell customers to buy a bottle every year and keep the reciept, I doubt many bother. They don't even have to put the inhibitor in the system, just have the reciept.

im not saying that the ladys ,heat system needs a power flush,i was just pointing out wat i could do whith that type of money.

I realise that, but you were implying that a better deal could be had from an independant without saying what the worst possible deal from a "big company" could be.

also note now that some of your stipulations on the deal may actually be a worse deal if you were to offer a lifetime guarantee.

BG Bumlicker

:rolleyes:

Not having the ability to comment on the matter you resort to nonsense. Why am I not surprised?

Sorry,I missed that. Your nose is so far up the bg bumhole that your lips are actually touching the backside of your sm, and everything you say, ever, sounds like a muffled noise as a result.

Sorry,I missed that. Your nose is so far up the bg bumhole that your lips are actually touching the backside of your sm, and everything you say, ever, sounds like a muffled noise as a result.

get a grip man, if you had spent any time on here at all you would know I'm no company man, quite the opposite. I just correct people writing nonsense about things they clearly have no experience of.

I realise that, but you were implying that a better deal could be had from an independant without saying what the worst possible deal from a "big company" could be.

also note now that some of your stipulations on the deal may actually be a worse deal if you were to offer a lifetime guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back