Ripped off by plumbing charges......please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
not sure wat u mean ,about it being a worse deal.

I just meant your insistence on doing all the work on the system and a chargeable water test every year would probably count most customers out.

I wonder if the OP is reading this - and wondering how it always degenerates into a BG Bumhole muffled slanging match - Gas fitters :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: . If this was posted on rogue traders they wouldn`t believe it

Sponsored Links
believe it or not, that's what the customer is told. I have personally had reflushes done after as much as 6 years. In reality many customers will lose their paperwork over a period of time and have difficulty proving it.

If the system is not inhibited then the contract is void anyway, adding chemical is not included on any homecare agreement unless we have to drain the system down. I tell customers to buy a bottle every year and keep the reciept, I doubt many bother. They don't even have to put the inhibitor in the system, just have the reciept.

They don't need the paperwork fella, I have done loads and just had it confirmed by the office that the flush has been done, even back 6 / 7 years or whenever the lifetime guarantee started.
Have never found any data for replacing inhibitor, if the sytem is losing it then it isn't working correctly which is covered under contract, even our tight arsed gaffers here wouldn't argue that one.

But do BG have any procedure for checking inhibitor concentration and replemishing?

But do BG have any procedure for checking inhibitor concentration and replemishing?

I understand their Duster changes colour when they do the service agile, if the inhibitor is diluted. :LOL:

believe it or not, that's what the customer is told. I have personally had reflushes done after as much as 6 years. In reality many customers will lose their paperwork over a period of time and have difficulty proving it.

If the system is not inhibited then the contract is void anyway, adding chemical is not included on any homecare agreement unless we have to drain the system down. I tell customers to buy a bottle every year and keep the reciept, I doubt many bother. They don't even have to put the inhibitor in the system, just have the reciept.

They don't need the paperwork fella, I have done loads and just had it confirmed by the office that the flush has been done, even back 6 / 7 years or whenever the lifetime guarantee started.
Have never found any data for replacing inhibitor, if the sytem is losing it then it isn't working correctly which is covered under contract, even our tight a***d gaffers here wouldn't argue that one.

most of the re-flushes I have had done were done with no paperwork either. a few were asked to provide some proof of the actual flush and did so. What I really meant is I don't think customers should rely on having it done with nothing to back it up. Inhibitor wouldn't get done here for free but then who's to know except the engineer?

It's ridiculous that BG don't seem to keep any proper records themselves anyway, they deserve to have customers taking the **** out of them for that alone.

Sorry,I missed that. Your nose is so far up the bg bumhole that your lips are actually touching the backside of your sm, and everything you say, ever, sounds like a muffled noise as a result.

get a grip man, if you had spent any time on here at all you would know I'm no company man, quite the opposite. I just correct people writing nonsense about things they clearly have no experience of.

so you recon im writing nonsence,and have no experience,

i mght be new in the forum,but not in the industry.
im mainly here becuase of combustion chamber,and sometimes if i can help i will in public forum.
u come on this post ,and have not contributed in helping the poster,

i agree 600 sterling is a bit steep, but i do understand, in a city you pay more for work, my pal who works in edinburgh earns a hell of alot more than i do in the rural area i work, its all down to companies paying or the self employed recieving a wage comparable to the cost of living, where i live you can get a three bedroom house for 100k- 150k, go to london you wouldn't get a room for that.

Yes I am reading it ....and am I suprised ..... of course not :)

I wonder if the OP is reading this - and wondering how it always degenerates into a BG Bumhole muffled slanging match - Gas fitters :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: . If this was posted on rogue traders they wouldn`t believe it

Sue, you don't really mention your father in laws opinion about this......how does he feel about the outcome?
I put my own ancient Dad (90) into this situation, and the outcome would be much the same. He'd rather die (sic) than realise that he wasn't able to come to a decision and sort it himself - its called independance, which is vital to us all and especially the elderly. Its often the last thing they have. My Dad would never admit having been taken for a ride.
For yourself, all you can tactfully suggest is that he gives you a call the next time something packs in.
He is fortunate that you take an interest, anyway.
John :)

Hi John,
You are quite right of course...he would be quite mortified at my 'interfering'....but I just felt it was a matter of principle.
I know I am not always right (well very occasionally I'm not :) ) but
some things are worth questioning.
I have advised him to always contact me first before taking any action....I can only hope that he will do that.
Awful to think that one day we will be old and stubborn too :(

Sue

Sue, you don't really mention your father in laws opinion about this......how does he feel about the outcome?
I put my own ancient Dad (90) into this situation, and the outcome would be much the same. He'd rather die (sic) than realise that he wasn't able to come to a decision and sort it himself - its called independance, which is vital to us all and especially the elderly. Its often the last thing they have. My Dad would never admit having been taken for a ride.
For yourself, all you can tactfully suggest is that he gives you a call the next time something packs in.
He is fortunate that you take an interest, anyway.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back