Running power to garage through garden - how?

At minimum you need to use sifted material arround the cable to avoid stones damaging it. Many think it's a good idea to use sand because that makes it obvious that something is different even if you miss the marking tape.

Sponsored Links
you sure it's hydraulics?
wouldn't a liquid dampen the movement of the weight and make it less effective?
most "hammer action" things are pneumatic..

I thought it was hydraulic since the air hose attached to a control box, that varied the power to the mole, and that seemed to be leaking quite a bit of oil - maybe it was just lubricant from the air-line??

When we got the mole round it was for running new mains pipes, so usually once the hole was formed, the mole was pulled back out, and since the soil had been displaced it stayed in that position - leaving a nice hole for the new pipe to be pushed thru.
If the soil wasn't the usual clay type that we get round london - the guy simply had us push the new pipe onto the end of the mole , maintaing pressure on it while he pulled mole back out.

Warning tape would be a problem...

At minimum you need to use sifted material arround the cable to avoid stones damaging it. Many think it's a good idea to use sand because that makes it obvious that something is different even if you miss the marking tape.

even in a duct..... as what was discussed... you seem no more of a sparks than banned bas...

then add 6 inches of sand and a warning tape and take more photo's.. then a bit more sand and then backfill..

why all that sand...
I don't know.

You are the one who wrote "then add 6 inches of sand and a warning tape and take more photo's.. then a bit more sand and then backfill.." - it''s in black and white here: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1582059#1582059 , so why don't you tell us why?

Sponsored Links
then add 6 inches of sand and a warning tape and take more photo's.. then a bit more sand and then backfill..

why all that sand...
I don't know.

You are the one who wrote "then add 6 inches of sand and a warning tape and take more photo's.. then a bit more sand and then backfill.." - it''s in black and white here: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1582059#1582059 , so why don't you tell us why?

I think you'll find it was ColJack: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1576548#1576548

why all that sand...
I don't know.

I think you'll find it was ColJack: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1576548#1576548[/QUOTE]

so batman and his boy wonder shall try again..... :D

yeah... that was me..

he just couldn't work the quote buttons on the reply.. :)

and the extra sand is as said to offer a visual change to let you know that something is down there.. if you happen to have missed the warning tape..

I think you'll find it was ColJack: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1576548#1576548[/QUOTE]
Well this is what I see at the bottom of p2:

t221479.jpg

What do you see?

why all that sand...
I don't know.

so batman and his boy wonder shall try again..... :D

or are they one and the same....

seems that way....or is it watson and holmes....

if you happen to have missed the warning tape

remind us all what colour and dimension the tape is....

please......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back