Running power to garage through garden - how?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i actually asked you.... but you got your boy wonder to answer....
No, you didn't.

You wrote this:
if you happen to have missed the warning tape

remind us all what colour and dimension the tape is....

please......
immediately following this post by Monkeh, so there is no possible way that it can have been anything other than directed at him.

i actually asked you.... but you got your boy wonder to answer....
No, you didn't.

You wrote this:
if you happen to have missed the warning tape

remind us all what colour and dimension the tape is....

please......
immediately following this post by Monkeh, so there is no possible way that it can have been anything other than directed at him.

Uhm, you have a gigantic logic failure there. To begin with, why would that be directed at me? On top of that, "if you happen to have missed the warning tape" is a direct quote of ColJack a few posts higher. Just because it came after my post, doesn't mean it was in response to it or directed at me.

Uhm, you have a gigantic logic failure there. To begin with, why would that be directed at me?
IHNI - I didn't write it.

You should ask that question of geraint, since he did direct it at you.

With no quote of an earlier post by another person there is no workable way to interpret any post as anything other than a response to the one immediately before it. Expecting people to divine that without some reference to something else a post relates to anything other than the one immediately before it is crazy - there's no way that people could keep track of what's going on.

You really would have to be spectacularly stupid to have been a member of a forum for years, and to have made hundreds of posts, and not grasped that.

On top of that, "if you happen to have missed the warning tape" is a direct quote of ColJack a few posts higher.
There was no use of [quote] [/quote] brackets, or any other recognised method of indicating a quote, so it wasn't one, or at least it wasn't one that worked.

Someone really would have to be spectacularly stupid to have been a member of a forum for years, and to have made hundreds of posts, and not worked out how to create quotes which were recognisable as such.

Just because it came after my post, doesn't mean it was in response to it or directed at me.
With no quote of an earlier post by another person there is no workable way to interpret any post as anything other than a response to the one immediately before it. Expecting people to divine that without some reference to something else a post relates to anything other than the one immediately before it is crazy - there's no way that people could keep track of what's going on.

Any poster who had been a member for years and had made hundreds of posts, and who wanted to reply to something other than the immediately preceding one really would have to be spectacularly stupid not to have grasped that.

With no quote of an earlier post by another person there is no workable way to interpret any post as anything other than a response to the one immediately before it.

Except when there is a quote, not including tags, which is blindingly obvious to anyone who actually takes in the posts in a thread.

Expecting people to divine that without some reference to something else a post relates to anything other than the one immediately before it is crazy - there's no way that people could keep track of what's going on.

I manage. It may be something to do with being an active member, moderator, and admin of multiple forums for the last six or so years.

On top of that, "if you happen to have missed the warning tape" is a direct quote of ColJack a few posts higher.
There was no use of [quote] [/quote] brackets, or any other recognised method of indicating a quote, so it wasn't one, or at least it wasn't one that worked.

And it's still easily recognised as one by structure and the fact that the first few words came directly from a post just up the page.

Just because it came after my post, doesn't mean it was in response to it or directed at me.

You don't have to repeat yourself.

Except when there is a quote, not including tags, which is blindingly obvious to anyone who actually takes in the posts in a thread.
Quotes are not blindingly obvious unless bracketed by [quote] [/quote]. bbCode provides Quote tags for a very important reason, they are staggeringly easy to use, and to not use them is unacceptable.

I manage. It may be something to do with being an active member, moderator, and admin of multiple forums for the last six or so years.
If you were in a room full of people, and you faced one of them, asked a question not of them but of someone else, and didn't so much as use that other person's name to indicate you were asking them, would you think that sensible, a workable way of communicating?

People shouldn't have to guess to whom a question or comment is directed, it should be made obvious by the writer. Anything else is unacceptable.

And it's still easily recognised as one by structure and the fact that the first few words came directly from a post just up the page.
Quotes are not blindingly obvious unless bracketed by [quote] [/quote]. bbCode provides Quote tags for a very important reason, they are staggeringly easy to use, and to not use them is unacceptable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back