Salus RT500RF Programmable Room Stat Questions

Sponsored Links
Well I guess that must be a valid address code also. It neatly explains why all the jumpers are on. Just put a full set of five jumpers on your new controller, insert batteries, press reset, and fingers crossed that should work.

Do all that with the transmitter and receiver close together to guarantee good reception. If no joy, you could try a different address code although you should disconnect the power before changing it. Remember that the green LED will only come on whether there is a heat demand. The units may still be communicating with the LED off and no heat demand.

whats so difficult about fitting the new receiver and the new sender unit?

ps all Salus products now run at a different frequency

Sponsored Links
I have fitted lots of these in the last year and they are now failing. Boiler on and green light on reciever lit but no demand from the timer unit. must have changed ten so far last one fitted feb-removed april.

The frequency should be on a sticker somewhere, probably on the back.

Receiver on with transmitter not sending suggest another transmitter next door. Not surprising if none of the installers bother to change the default address code so that all the controllers are set the same :LOL:

Slightly worrying that the keys stop working after 3 years. Unless you play with it constantly, that doesn't sound like good quality. Or even if you play with it constantly!

Can u send the word document for the above as I am problems understanding.

Hi,

I have a problem with this Salus RF Stuff. I think it may be the receiver but would appreciate your second opinions incase I've missed something.

When the transmitter sends signal to the receiver, the green light comes on and you can here the Salus relay click. However, there is no firing up of the boiler. By metering the voltage, it appears that the relay has not actually closed the swich. Sometimes, by manually setting the temp back to 10, waiting for the gas flame symbol to disapear and then manually setting back to 20, then the bolier may fire. Sometimes I could do this a few times and others I can never get it to do it.

Anyway, the strange thing is that this only ever happens at night. Never a problem in the morning. Any ideas?

Warwick

The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

1 is the time you want heating on eg, 07.00 and set the temp (20)

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

3 is the time to come on an evening eg. 17.00 and set the temp (20)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.

Hi LeedsPlumber, please can you email the word document to [email protected]. Thanks

Hello Leeds Plumber, seems you could be a godsend, could you email those instructions for the Salus. Nice to know that I am not the only person who find the manual impossible to understand. [email protected]

leedsplumber or anyone that has the details from Leedsplumber about programming the Salus RT500 can you please send them on to [email protected] ,much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Despite many pleas, nobody seems to have heard from LeedsPlumber - did he ever exist?! I found 2 pdf documents - one is the full manual and the other is just the instructions for setting the day/ time and also the time/temperature which I think most people are struggling with!

I had a go and surprised myself at being able to do the timing and heating settings but have realised that the heating is never actually completely off, it can go to the lowest possible temperature to stave off frost.

So if you remember the heating is going all the time then input your own specific requirements. I have done mine as follows:-

06.00 set the temp to 21 degrees (so the house is warm for when I get up at 7.00)
08.00 set the temp to 6 degrees (so the temperature drops and heating is hardly on while I am out all day)
16.00 set the temp to 21 degrees (so the house warms up when I get in from work)
18.00 set the temp to 16 degrees (so the temperature reduces and I am not baking all evening!)
20.00 set the temp to 10 degrees (which is what it will stay through the night until 06.00 when I want it to reach 21 degrees for when I get up)

So those are my 5 settings - apparently people are only programming 4 times in so if you have the 4th setting as the temp set at 18.00 to reach 21 degrees, then thats what it will stay until 06.00! Hot or what ??!!

I hope I have got everything right but if anyone thinks this is wrong then please let me know! And if anyone wants the manual or instruction sheet emailing to them, then just email me on [email protected].

Good luck to all x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back