same old question ? plastic or copper ?

I'd use plastic. We bought a new build and over theree years had two leaks from copper under the floors - which was so hard to trace and resolve you wouldn't wanna know how ****ed I was. An idiot soldering copper is more of a risk than an idiot making a plastic joint, plus it's quicker, cheaper, quieter, etc...

Sponsored Links
Oh dear. No obvious winner here ! :D
At the minute i'm letting my builder do any plumbing that is required to go in the floor screed. I think thats best as once that puppies in it'll be a real bastard to fix. From there on in i'll use ....plastic i think, or copper. Yes perhaps i'll use copper. Unless i use plastic thast is. :LOL:

We have found that plastic pipes only accentuate the Electrolysis process and thus have been to properties only 8 months old with pure black system water. To add salt to the wound, it can't be reliably powerflushed

Sponsored Links
We have found that plastic pipes only accentuate the Electrolysis process and thus have been to properties only 8 months old with pure black system water. To add salt to the wound, it can't be reliably powerflushed

The newer "barrierd" stuff prevents this, or it suppose to at least.

using non barrier pipe was ok if you used Inhibitor or so they said :confused:

Barrier is a bit more expensive so the cheapskates use it though they know they shouldn't. There are also the halfwits who just don't know any better and think all plastic is the same.

Sorry, this is not an answer but I want clarification on BR differences between copper and plastic. I hope this will also be useful to the OP.

You are mixing up a couple of different things. Also a bit naughty to hijack posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back