Scantronic 9751 Zone flt Zone Z01-Z07

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently I have a Scantronic 9751 Alarm system with 9930 LCD remote keypad. The software on the system is v02.01.

My problems started with the system showing Battery flt i.e. Missing battery and Unit battery Low power message. This was due to the battery being 10 years old :rolleyes:. Anyway, I went into the installer mode and opened the control panel and replaced the battery unit - No issues in doing that. But when I tried to exit the installer mode by pressing 99, the system shows zone faults from 01-07. I have read the event log (using command 90), all it had was the Batt Flt Rstr (Battery restore) message. I did the walk test (command 97) and all the zones were tested no issues. I also ran Testing output command (i.e. 91, 92, 93, 94 and 95) and found no issues, although for 92 and 93 it didn't give any feedback so I assume its comms test which could be fine.

I did bit of a search on google and found that there is some issue with the software and power up and power down of the system should resolve it.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/20536-scantronics-9751-zone-help/

I disconnected the battery and mains to see if that helps and it did not and I had issues with the system not accepting the installer code or the user code. So using the programming giude I performed a restore of the access code.

To restore all access codes to their default settings:
1. Remove mains power.
2. Open the case and disconnect the battery.
3. Identify the NVM Reset pins and Kick Start pins on the main PCB (refer
to the 9x5x Installation Guide).
4. Short circuit the NVM Reset pins with a wire link.
5. Short circuit the Kick Start pins with a wire link.
6. Reconnect the battery.
7. Remove the wire links from the NVM Reset pins and Kick Start pins.
The control unit will load the factory default access codes listed above.
8. Close the control unit.
9. Apply mains power.
10. Carry out an engineer reset (see next section).

Now the user code and installer code is reset and I was able to perform walk test (command 97) and testing output (command 91-95) - all ok no issues. But when I try to exit the installer mode (command 99) it gives out zone errors Z01- Z07! so I'm back to square one.

Any ideas how I can resolve the problem? I would really appreciate your thoughts and help!

PS: Apologies for the long post, I just wanted to make sure I have provided as much information as possible.

Sponsored Links
is the panel wired eol ( end of line) or 4 wire ? global tamper ? check programming option 21.

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm, I can check the detail by entering 21 in the installer mode? (Didnt want to screw the system up further :rolleyes:)

that just checks what setting the panel is set on, you then need to check what your wiring is set on, either open up a pir to see if there are resistors in the device or check control panel to see if the global tamper is used, but it may not have tampers used.

Sponsored Links
that just checks what setting the panel is set on, you then need to check what your wiring is set on, either open up a pir to see if there are resistors in the device or check control panel to see if the global tamper is used, but it may not have tampers used.

When I entered 21 in the system it says 21:CC+Com A/T. I also have some installation notes left by the Alarm company (PFS). It says Zone 1 (Front door) 2.3 ohm, zone 2 (Lounge) 1.8 ohm, zone 3 (Kitchen) 1.9 ohm, zone 4 (Rear Garden door) 1.9 ohm, zone 5 (Dining room) 1.7 ohm, zone 6 (1st Floor landing) 1.1 ohm, zone 7 (PA) 1.5 ohm. Does this give some definite answers about whether the system uses resistors or tamper?

there should be two sets of resistance readings per zone if you are using 4 wire one for the alarm loop and one for the tamper loop. is there any thing connected to the aux tamper in the panel ?

there should be two sets of resistance readings per zone if you are using 4 wire one for the alarm loop and one for the tamper loop. is there any thing connected to the aux tamper in the panel ?

I took a picture as I was not too sure which connection you were referring to.

DSC_0004.jpg

Hope this helps at all, if not than please point me to the right direction.

PS: I found that couple of cables are clipped not sure if they broke off or if they are meant to be like that i.e. unconnected.

DSC_0004_Mark.jpg

yes looks like the aux tamper is used . has somone put fuse wire around the battery fuse ? if so what rating ???? the last time i had a fault with all zones showing was when there was a 0v short to one of the detector alarm zones, has any other work been done ?

yes looks like the aux tamper is used . has somone put fuse wire around the battery fuse ? if so what rating ???? the last time i had a fault with all zones showing was when there was a 0v short to one of the detector alarm zones, has any other work been done ?

Yes, it looks like someone has put fuse wire around the battery fuse. I have no idea what rating it is. Unfortunately I have inherited the system with little details on what work has been carried out till present.

But the result of walk test etc is all fine, do you think there is some other issue?

get somone in to have a look at system, check all voltages with a mulitmeter for a start 12 -13.80 at aux volts and battery, it may have been damaged if the fuse wire was 5amp and the battery went faulty.

get somone in to have a look at system, check all voltages with a mulitmeter for a start 12 -13.80 at aux volts and battery, it may have been damaged if the fuse wire was 5amp and the battery went faulty.

Thanks, I think I will have to get someone in to look at the same. The comm's port is disconnected. I assume this is because the system is no longer under maintenance?

Probably not connected before, the single resistances are probably because there is a "Global Tamper" and they took that rather than them separately.

There does indeed seem to be a strand of something around the fuse holder, it deffo needs checking out.
On that panel the battery needs to be connected to get a voltage at the battery leads.

Probably not connected before, the single resistances are probably because there is a "Global Tamper" and they took that rather than them separately.

There does indeed seem to be a strand of something around the fuse holder, it deffo needs checking out.
On that panel the battery needs to be connected to get a voltage at the battery leads.
Alright so not to worry about the comm port. It seems like the fuse must have blown off in past so as a quick fix they wound some wire around the fuse.

When I did the access code reset, in the log I saw message about global tamper so that must be the case. I have ordered a multimeter, once I have it I'll check the voltage and report my findings.

Thats the battery fuse IIRC.
Not sounding too good because of that.

What is that fuse wire rated at if you can tell.

Could be a spiked board now, but lets take it step by step.

When you have a meter.

Thats the battery fuse IIRC.
Not sounding too good because of that.

What is that fuse wire rated at if you can tell.

Could be a spiked board now, but lets take it step by step.

When you have a meter.

Got the meter delivered today. The voltage is around 13.20 v measured at the connector at the board. Aux voltage is around 13.35v o.n both the points.

The guy who sold me the battery said after charge the battery should measure around 13.20v.

If the board is spiked would you expect the test etc, resets etc to run properly?

How do I tell what the wound fuse wire rating is?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back