Scantronic 9751 Zone flt Zone Z01-Z07

It's the battery fuse, F2, manual says it should be a 2A, never mind what the wire is.

Sponsored Links
As Europlex says , put a 2amp fuse in there get it all back to normal then we can test.

Apologies for the late reply, I have now been able to replace the fuse and I'm still getting the same Zone flt Z01-Z07 error.

Is there any anything else I can try?

Back to basics.
Label everything then remove all zones and external sounders and do a factory restart.
Test panel.

Rebuild it and see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Back to basics.
Label everything then remove all zones and external sounders and do a factory restart.
Test panel.

Rebuild it and see what happens.

Eeek! wasnt expecting to disconnect everything - Never done it and is bit scary.

To confirm do you mean disconnect wires CCT1-CCT7 from the main board?

Well you now have to prove everything, no other way.
You could mess about and get lucky or just chase your tail.
Starting afresh will not take long and will be the best.

You will need the programming manual though.

Yes the wires from the inputs.

A though just passed on to me.

Have you defaulted this already? When you did the codes did you actually default the panel?
Not the first time info given in error/held back.

Got it programmed as EOL and wired as Double Pole?

A though just passed on to me.

Have you defaulted this already? When you did the codes did you actually default the panel?
Not the first time info given in error/held back.

Got it programmed as EOL and wired as Double Pole?

Initially when I replaced the battery no resets or defaults were performed. But I was still getting the zone flt error. So I recycled the system and also did reset of the code so that it defaults to the usual code and I'm still getting the same error.

Are you saying I need to reprogramme the pannel?

The panel is telling you there is a global tamper fault. Try putting a link between the two "Common A/T" terminals (the two above zone 1) and see if this clears the fault.

The easy way to tell if it's wired as EOL or 4-wire is to have a look in a pir and see if there are resistors fitted (or jumper links for 2k2 and 4k7) or if there are separate connections for the circuit and tamper terminals. Once you've ascertained this, use command 21 to set it up the right way! Usually, if the global tamper is used, there's a choc block full of pairs of wires -I can't see one in your piccies. I'd guess that you'll find resistors in the pirs and contacts and that you should select EOL...

The easy way to tell if it's wired as EOL or 4-wire is to have a look in a pir and see if there are resistors fitted (or jumper links for 2k2 and 4k7) or if there are separate connections for the circuit and tamper terminals. Once you've ascertained this, use command 21 to set it up the right way! Usually, if the global tamper is used, there's a choc block full of pairs of wires -I can't see one in your piccies. I'd guess that you'll find resistors in the pirs and contacts and that you should select EOL...

Hmmm 82 Do I know you~?

Chocs could be behind PCB, as it happens the place is a fooking mess anyway.

Hmmm Alarm... Difficult to tell from your profile ! ;) I used to be quite a whizz in Real Hands Free Access Control.

There's definitely something blue behind the pcb... The colours of the cores seem a strange mix to me - blue and black in the global tamper..?

I suppose that we/I should be calling it "FSL" rather than EOL for this panel.

FSL if you wish.

As for colours, each uses their own. Seen all combinations over the years.
No reply from the OP, so perhaps the idea that it has been defaulted and played about with was correct.
You rarely get a heads up once the repair has been made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back