Scantronics communicator 8400 question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a Scantronics communicator 8400 in my Scantronics 9651 alarm box and have just downloaded the manual. It talks about programming the chip, however surely when one buys a new unit it should not be necessary or have I simply not grasped something? I want to connect the unit to a phone line rather than to the network.

Cheers
Richard

Pasted from manual:

Each communicator stores its operating program in a removable Non Volatile
Memory (NVM) chip. The communicators are programmed by removing the
NVM chip and inserting it into a 7200/7300 NVM programmer. Once the
program has been loaded the from the 7200/7300, the NVM chip is inserted
back into the communicator.

Sponsored Links
From the manual, "The 8400, 8440 and 9056 Digital Communicators are auto dialling modems that can communicate with alarm receiving equipment using the Scancom Fast Format."

You are all sorted out for connection to an ARC then?

P.S. It's Scantronic NOT Scantronics

From the manual, "The 8400, 8440 and 9056 Digital Communicators are auto dialling modems that can communicate with alarm receiving equipment using the Scancom Fast Format."

You are all sorted out for connection to an ARC then?

P.S. It's Scantronic NOT Scantronics

Thanks for the quick response. I feel sure that I should know what an ARC is but I don't <G> Is it quite easy to set these things up to dial out to designated numbers? I will try to remember to get the spelling right for Scantronic in the future.

Cheers

Richard

An ARC is a receiving centre for professional alarm systems, where your 8400 needs to be connected to send its signals, it's NOT for DiY.

Sponsored Links
An ARC is a receiving centre for professional alarm systems, where your 8400 needs to be connected to send its signals, it's NOT for DiY.

Thanks for the info. I was rather expecting that I could simply have the communicator send a message first to my mobile and then to two other people. Does one have to have a subscription to a monitoring company?

Cheers

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back