Scottish Licensed Plumbers

S

Shutpa

Have bought a couple of flats in Glasgow but before I rent them out, want to modernise kitchens and bathrooms. With no contacts in the city, can anyone tell me how I can get a list of reliable plumbers and tilers in the area?

PS For those who may be interested, I provide the tiles and suites and usually lay out a grand on full bathroom tiling, and £500 on bath/sink/ toilet installation.

Sponsored Links
Have bought a couple of flats in Glasgow but before I rent them out, want to modernise kitchens and bathrooms. With no contacts in the city, can anyone tell me how I can get a list of reliable plumbers and tilers in the area?

PS For those who may be interested, I provide the tiles and suites and usually lay out a grand on full bathroom tiling, and £500 on bath/sink/ toilet installation.

You could have a look on the SNIPEF website. Thats the Scottish and Northern Irish plumbing employers federation.

just curious. so the tiler gets a grand while the plumber gets £500.

send me a PM and i will sort you out with at least one very good guy, and maybe a couple of others depending on their workload who will have a chat with you

Sponsored Links
No, no Kirk this chap clearly wants Tradesmen & not course cowboys, that'll flood the close!!

We are Snipef licences Plumbers, but sorry we don't do this type of work. You clearly like to pay a limited amount of money & you'll find most Snipef Plumbers don't work for peanuts. Perhaps some of Kirk's chimps will only be too happy to work for these rates, well it's more than a Milkmans pay!!

Delta do Kirks chimps get a free Celtic top with there certificates well if they are going to work like tw#ts they may as well dress like one :LOL: :LOL:

Wee guy goes into a fancy dress shop to collect his outfit the assistant hands him a full Celick strip , The guy looks at the girl and says i`m sorry you must have miss heard me i said i wanted to dress like a Count.

Old ones are the best.

No, no Kirk this chap clearly wants Tradesmen & not course cowboys, that'll flood the close!!

We are Snipef licences Plumbers, but sorry we don't do this type of work. You clearly like to pay a limited amount of money & you'll find most Snipef Plumbers don't work for peanuts. Perhaps some of Kirk's chimps will only be too happy to work for these rates, well it's more than a Milkmans pay!!

if im reading the OP properly, he is offering £500 to do a bathroom swap, and you say thats peanuts? and you work a lot in the Glasgow area? £500 for 4hrs or so isnt too bad, unless you are saying its going to take a lot longer than that.

4hours for a bathroom swap kirk ? does it fit where it touches

4hours for a bathroom swap kirk ? does it fit where it touches

here we go again, noww you are getting in on the slag kirk act with your pal DT the plumber in hiding :D
i have done 100's of bathroom swaps in this kind of time, its all about being organised and knowing what you are doing, whats hard about doing a swap over in half a shift?
in to the job with tools, bending machine and soldering bag in one go, water off and start ripping out, take something outside, bring something in with you, never go empty handed either way was the old mantra, get all the suite out, chop the pipes back, start mounting the new bath, drop it in and connect it, then the whb then the wc set, water on and have lunch, simples.com

OOOO there is some cuddles for ya kirky feeling a little bit picked on or just cant handle your drink and feeling sorry for yourself.
Must be great on every suite to have all the pipework already concealed so that nothing is on show afterwards and everything fits straight onto existing wastes etc.
Will still say 4 hours my ar5e

I've no beef with you Kirk, well, no more than anyone that's damaging our Trade with training CC/CCCs.

if im reading the OP properly, he is offering £500 to do a bathroom swap, and you say thats peanuts? and you work a lot in the Glasgow area? £500 for 4hrs or so isnt too bad, unless you are saying its going to take a lot longer than that.
Sorry guys should have made the post clearer. Old bathrooms including tiles etc were stripped out and ready for the off. While you guys were arguing, got a pm offering to do the jobs with a tiler also recommended. Both suites are in and tiler well on his way to finishing first flat.
The plumber did a competant job and took just over 4 1/2 hours to install both bathrooms and he is happy as am I. So he got £1000 for 4 !/2 hours work not £500 for four hours. First months rent will pay for both.

listen knobhead, keep your nose out of my posts, the guy is asking for a plumber, i know many good plumbers, and i know of you, do you have an issue with me personally are are you just a dick in general?
you are an arrogant ****, ive said it before and i will say it again, some of the guys who have went through the gas foundation course are very clever people who have no problem learning gas, lets be honest if guys like you can learn it why cant i teach others?
ive asked you before and you have chosen to ignore, but i will try again, are you a time served plumber, or a time served gas engineer as i believe you do both so which career are you a ccc in plumbing or gas? oh thats right its ok for you to jump into another trade and make money but not anyone else, no wonder people are so sown on the trade these days havng to listen to you, PS before you ask, i am a ccc in gas as i am a time served plumber, but TBH i manage fine, because like many others i work hard and have the right attitude to learning, i dont profess to be what im not

I've no beef with you Kirk, well, no more than anyone that's damaging our Trade with training CC/CCCs.

ok if its not personal i will stick you back on the ignore list, ;) im just getting a bit bored with the new starts getting the blame for ruining the world, there is a major world recession not helping, and if these boys and girls want to do what i did and join the gas industry then i dont want to be a hypocrite by trying to stop them after im in, i've b=never really liked the "im allright jack" attitude

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back