scrap copper cylinder price lagged/unlagged

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
as title suggests, anyone know what difference it will make at the moment?
not in the mood to delag several cylinders in the rain, but depends what difference it will make..

Sponsored Links
i've never delagged one....dont know of anyone who has !

didn't bother in the end, kept raining. Got knocked about £6 a cylinder for having lagging and scale, so im not to fussed about losing 40quid cos it would of cost me quite a few hours otherwise. the price has gone down now I decide to clear the garage out :evil:

Sponsored Links
seco...dont tell me you also split it into copper and brass (instead of mixed)

bl**dy right got it nicely placed brass in my borrowed council recycle bin
copper in one of the cylinders.

funny you should say that the wife calls me steptoe.
2.jpg

mind you i let the wife sort it out give her a pipe slice and she's over the moon.

Only been doing renovation work for around 6 years & not specifically involved in plumbing work so totally new to this scrap metal game. I had built up a small pile in a corner of my garden over the last 4 years consisting of a few boxes of copper, 3 old cylinders, a couple of boxes of brass taps/fittings etc & some lead flashing but it was well split. Doing a clear out last week, I almost dumped it down the local tip with the rest of the dross as there really didn’t seem to be that much there worth bothering about to me but a developer friend said NOOOOO. On Monday I stuck it in the truck & drove to the scrappy he recommended; a 60 minute round trip for me. After it was all weighed up & punched in, I went to the office as instructed; after lots of calculator punching, the girl behind the counter started counting out £20 notes in front of me & showed no sign of stopping. My face must have been such a picture cos when she finally stopped all she did was laugh; I was totally speechless & it must have been so obvious I was totally green. The wad I got is enough to pay for my annual trip to Spain this August. :eek: :LOL:

Jesus am I glad I didn’t skip it :eek: ; no wonder the pikie’s nick this bloody stuff.

Got £80 for a failed STEEL oil fired boiler Heat Exchanger a few weeks ago, even good money for old steel panel rads how times have changed!!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back