Scrap etiquette

Would never walk away, cylinder is valuable as is the copper pipes. Most other stuff it cost's to dispose of. If my customer asks to keep the valuable stuff then that is their prerogative ! BUT they also keep and dispose of the non valuable stuff as it is expensive to trade customers to empty their van's at local waste sites , so for me it's all or nothing unless you want to keep the no value components

Sponsored Links
What an amazing attitude you guys have to your 'valued' customers!

Firstly, all scrap materials are the property of the customer.

Secondly, if you include for rubbish disposal then surely you included it in the price for the job.

Thirdly, all valuable metals taken without the customer's knowledge and weighed in for scrap value is THEFT unless the value is knocked off the bill and the customer knows and has given permission.

You should be ashamed of yourselves for assuming it's yours for the taking!

Think i have only ever been told once they were keeping it so yep left rest of it in that i would have took out and the rubbish as it was back when our scrap guy picked everything up for what he could salvage .

Best one ever was when working for the board cust asks what do you do with your scrap .
Collect it and take it to scrappy up the road .
Guy replies well i own the scrappy here is your money i will take it up later after lunch

Firstly, all scrap materials are the property of the customer.

Not if the quote says otherwise

Secondly, if you include for rubbish disposal then surely you included it in the price for the job.

The scrap value pays for the disposal. It is common for a rubbish collector to be effectively paid by the salvage value

Sponsored Links
no one said it was ours for the taking what we have said is its factored into cost of waste disposal so if they want to keep scrap they can keep waste also, and fine if they want help lugging it in to their car i will charge a £65 handling fee for 1 hour of my time sorting out the scrap for them, why should i give them my time for free so they can profit from it.....nob!
customers are valued just not the 1's that want to keep the scrap (which is very few anyway) as i said most are happy just to get rid.

If your charging £65 per hour I wouldn't have you about the place. :LOL:
Your not worth half of that.
If I wanted cheap labour I'd just get a foreigner. Country is full of them.

That was two days ago Dom.
Time moves on.
I suppose you think your worth £65 an hour also to do some labouring. :LOL:

Firemant
Doesnt matter what you put in your quote the scrap doesnt belong to you its still the customers property .
What you should be saying is there is a with removal of scrap price or if its being left price .

No i'm not worth £65 an hour but my business is including
gas training
gas exams
gas registration
van
fuel
van insurance
van tax
van maintenance
Tools
measuring equipment
calibration of measuring equipment
public liability insurance
uniform
accountant
bookkeeper
stationary
computer hardware
computer software
website
waste carriers licence
no sickpay
no holiday pay
no company pension
mobile phone
business landline
business banking charges

the list goes on and this has been done a thousand times before, grow up nobcon what sort of life is it where some old bloke has to troll the internet for his jollies.....you pathetic man.

Then price accordingly.
Don't steal from the customer as the customer is King.

i do that is why my charge is £65 an hour :mrgreen: if i was in your sad little old man position of spending my days trolling forums i probably would have topped my self by now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back