SDS bits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a SDS drill, need to drill into a concrete ceiling which is around 40 yr old, tried with my dewalt cordless but did not touch it. Homebase have a discounted one which is black and decker, £70 down to £30, 1.6j, are all SDS drill bits the same in the way they get locked in place or do i need to buy black and decker ones ?

Sponsored Links
Generally you'll be looking at SDS Plus fitting which is a standard (SDS Max is generally used for breakers).

£30 isn't bad and it should do the job without weighing a ton - you probably don't want a 5kg SDS if you're holding it above your head!

Put a smear of grease on the end of the bit that goes into the chuck , otherwise you will struggle to get it out again.

Sponsored Links
Yes, any make of bits should fit. Start with a small hole and make it bigger. I have concrete ceilings in my house in Croatia and have had to run pipes and wires through them. Main thing is not to bear on too hard as the bevel gears on the cheap machines are easily stripped. Just be prepared for each hole to take several minutes of drilling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back