SDS Drill for home use

in fact, this is true, the bosch will still push an sds bit into the wall even when the tip has disintegrated.

The hilti will just hammer it through even when the clutch stops the rotation, it just dissapears into the wall.

Sponsored Links
i have to agree, for industrial usage Hilti are king, there is little can touch 'em. ;)

I got a homebrand SDS drill from B&Q, same thing i'd ****ed about with putting a curtain pole up for ages, The drill was immesnse straight through anything ive ever aimed it at..... cost me £14.99 just after Xmas. what a bargain!

Used the bosch ones they are good for the money, but at £14.99 for home use this thing is a beast!!! very heavy though

i have absolutely no bones whatsoever about using less expensive tools bought from diy sheds.

we have 'occasional use' tools bought from b&q.

do not however, expect these tools to be sevicable. you may be able to change the bushes and thats about it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i have absolutely no bones whatsoever about using less expensive tools bought from diy sheds.

we have 'occasional use' tools bought from b&q.

do not however, expect these tools to be sevicable. you may be able to change the bushes and thats about it. :LOL:

I don't think any DIY user of cheapie tools would expect them to be servicable. I would be staggered if you could find bushes for most of them.

actually, i meant to say brushes. :oops:

300px-Carbon_brushes.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back