SDS Drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Just spent a while chasing a cable and cutting out a hole for a pattress in a wall by hand with a club hammer & Bolster.

Was thinking of investing in a SDS Drill with a Chisel adaptor are these good for the Job i have just done? and could somebody recomend a suitable mid priced one.

Thanks R.

Sponsored Links
Is this for the occasional project or are you doing it all day, every day?

What sort of wall? brick, thermalite, concrete ( :( )

Screwfix is where ours came from around £40 we killed the last one after 4 years! turns a 5" core bit happily and chisels no problem then all you need is the u shape bit

I am retraining as a Spark so eventually full time:)
The walls i have been doing have been Brick.

Thanks R

Sponsored Links
Hello CMC
If you do end up buying a drill make sure it has the 'rotary stop' function.
Many don't. (Just thought I should mention it).
Regards
Ed

I have had a love hate relationship with clutches on drills, on one hand it is nice having the use of two hands, on the other hand it is a tad embarrasing having the remaining 300mm or so of a 1m long 25mm drill bit firmly protruding from the wall in mrs jones' stone cottage, which is firmly lodged in place.

Yep, however a clutch is an essential safety item when using 5" core drills so if it bites it doesn't pull you around!

I have had a love hate relationship with clutches on drills, on one hand it is nice having the use of two hands, on the other hand it is a tad embarrasing having the remaining 300mm or so of a 1m long 25mm drill bit firmly protruding from the wall in mrs jones' stone cottage, which is firmly lodged in place.
:?:
51TG47JST1L._SL500_AA300_.gif
:?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back