sealing plaster that is not going to be painted

what plaster was used was it muli finish? ive never come across someone that dident want to decorate it, if its white knauff ive seen this polished up to look like stone and not painted, any chance of some pics of this nice plasterwork?

Yes, multi-finish, gypsum plaster - a sort of pale terra cotta colour. I DO want to decorate, just not with paint. I was hoping I could find a sealer that is invisible, but apparantly not. I think my only option is to buy the correct (stucco) plaster and go over it.
multi finish with a stressed Mediterranean look? :confused:

Yes. This seems crazy to me now that I have learned a bit, and know I used the wrong plaster (and the wrong plasterer.) Anyway, at the moment I am looking into acrylic varnishes, although this could be expensive for covering 4 walls - usually used for paintings and models. I might re-post this in the diy disasters section of the forum.

Sponsored Links
Ask in the Painting section :idea: There used to be a reasonably priced acrylic varnish as part of a paint effects for walls :confused: did my own house about 25 years ago - rag rolled walls and then sealed with this :confused: stuff :confused: ;)

Sponsored Links
Yes, I have sent for acrylic varnish - £25 - I am assured it will work. I'll let you know. Thanks.

I have seen multifinish varnished up on several ocaisons and it can look quite good,. But this was in an commercial style settings.(not sure about a domestic situation).

The main problem is it really needs to be troweled up well with this finish in mind as any dried on fatty marks and drips look pretty bad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back