Selling Electrical Stuff On ebay

The posting bit I don't find too much of a fag.

But I don't know how some ebayers can offer postage so cheap. I like to get a signature with every delivery, then there's no arguments about having the item.

I guess they offer postage without. But even so, the cheapest way is by large letter RM, which can be 25mm thick.

An MCB is 18mm, plus the padded envelope. They weigh around 130g each.

I'll have a look and see if there's anyone who beats RM for large letters.

Sponsored Links
Best thing about hermes is that they will collect from your door for about 50p. When you are in the sticks and miles from a post office it is a bonus. Be careful with large letters, the standard price only pays for 100grams.

It's 20p extra, which is a bargain.

But it does add extra to the journey.

I have a PUP half a mile away, so take it there.

I don't know how I protect myself against lost parcels either, if they collect.

When they collect, they just pick it up and off they go, no scanning, no receipt, nothing!

When you go to the PUP, they scan a receipt, scan the parcel and get you to put your initials in one of those wireless scanners to acknowledge you have dropped it off.

Sponsored Links
Hermes do give a receipt, if its picked up from a safe place when you not in they leave a ticket for you, and they now scan the bar code at pickup.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back