Sewage nightmare outdoor drain by kitchen

Sponsored Links
Also has your house insurance got emergency cover, some times you are offered an emergency service - I have used the service , which is very quick and sorted the problem out - for a friend who has that cover included

OK Andy - it worked! What a f** stress relief. I bought converter kit for a jet hose & nozzle selection on Amazon next-day. It fits on the Karcher (actually was only K2) . I fed it into that access point. The block was around 5-6ft down the pipe. It needed a bit -of working back and forth but it went after after 5mins. Its so good when it suddenly unblocks and all of the backed up sewage disappears :D

Honestly mate, many thanks - really appreciate the advice that you and the other guys give on here in your own time

Sounds like you got lucky, 'soft' blockage of paper and crud is no match for a jetter. If you use wipes, then dont put them down the WC, that's asking for problems! Fingers crossed you've sorted it, but keep that attachment handy for future use! If it blocks again in the near future, then may need further investigation, often a sign of an issue with the drain.

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
i insist my family & any guest understand only the 3 P's down the toilet
Poo , Pee, Paper

but i'm on shared drain with neighbours - house empty at the moment - so that maybe challenging in future

I make sure any grease , fat etc - goes in Bin and not down the drain - bit of a re-think in what we have in the past just put down the sink!!!!!!

i insist my family & any guest understand only the 3 P's down the toilet
Poo , Pee, Paper

but i'm on shared drain with neighbours - house empty at the moment - so that maybe challenging in future

I make sure any grease , fat etc - goes in Bin and not down the drain - bit of a re-think in what we have in the past just put down the sink!!!!!!
Pity more didnt follow your lead, people are moaning about Pollutions etc and think the Water Companies should collect and treat every last drop of water, even rain, once it gets into the sewers.

If People stopped putting so much rubbish down the WC and /or sink then the network would flow better, costs of cleaning it out would come down, we wouldn't see wipes etc in watercourses from Storm Overflows, and the money spent sorting the aftermath out could be better invested elsewhere!

In my case I know who the culprit was ! it was sanitary towels and wayyyy to much loo roll. I've now put a polite notice (about the 3 Ps ) and provide disposal bags. Thanks again for all the help

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back