Shooting burglars

You don't need to shoot the lowlife and get into strife simply use reasonable force and you will be fine.

Wrap a 7 iron around their neck, shove a kitchen knife up their ar5e, throw paint thinners in their eyes ... Etc.

MW

Sponsored Links
I like to play baseball with my kids, which is why I keep the bat & ball handy in my bedroom ;)

I could throw the ball at a burglar :LOL:

..but leave one end attached to your hands to save having to retrieve it to have another go.

Sponsored Links
Softus wrote

Do you want to pick an example of something that could actually happen?

So you think a couple of dogs barking would prevent a determined intruder from entering my home. :rolleyes:
Btw I already gave you two examples of incidents that actually happened and could happen and happen every day. :rolleyes:
And as for the two goons posing for the camera if they ever had a dangerous gunman point the barrel of a gun in their face I doubt if they would be posing on diynot and making themselves look ridiculous.

Softus wrote

Utterly wrong.

You got it wrong. :rolleyes:

So you think a couple of dogs barking would prevent a determined intruder from entering my home.
In a word, yes.

The scenario as I see it is that your three (not two) dogs, who always bark at someone before they enter the house, would bark before anyone entered the house, which would wake you up, at which point you would turn on a light and consider calling the police.

Btw I already gave you two examples of incidents that actually happened and could happen and happen every day.
But this is all conjecture - you think one thing and I think another. I don't see a way of resolving that.

And as for the two goons posing for the camera...
It. Was. A. Joke.

PART 2 – SECTIONS 1 AND 2 FIREARMS (FA1968)

2.1 The security of firearms, section 1 ammunition and shotguns within a dwelling can in most cases be achieved using a cabinet designed for this purpose. New cabinets should conform to the requirements of BS7558 (see Annex C for examples on points of construction). The cabinet
should be fixed to the structure and located to frustrate attack or identification by persons visiting the premises.

2.2 As an additional level of security, ammunition and easily removable component parts – such as rifle bolts etc - may be stored separately from the firearms they fit. This could be either by use of a detached storage container fitted elsewhere in the dwelling, or one built into or onto the
firearms cabinet.

2.3 Whatever the method of security, it should also involve the physical prevention of access to those firearms by persons who might lawfully occupy the property other than the certificate holder, as well as by intruders. This may be especially important when children are in the premises.

So when the burglar makes himself known, you need to find a key to open security cabinet, take out gun and then retrieve bolt or ammunition from either separate locked compartment or other safe location.

Assemble bolt and load ammunition, all this without making any noise and probably in the dark. Easy,don't think so.

On the other hand if you decide to keep loaded gun next to your bed, then you have already broken the law.

If you now shoot the burglar and nice PC plod arrives, how the f**k are you going to explain why the gun was preloaded and not in a secure storage cabinet?

They would tear you to bits in a court.
1 dead or injured burglar to deal with and a second person charged with fire arms offences. (wish I was trained as a lawyer £££££££££££)

As far as causing death or serious injury to intruders/burglars then I would not hesitate to defend my family, on the other hand I would be worried about having to justify my actions in court.

We all know that no matter how ruthless these intruders can be, they to have rights,,and expensive barristers that fight their corners.

On the whole British justice is laughable.

gremlin16 wrote

On the other hand if you decide to keep loaded gun next to your bed, then you have already broken the law.

You haven't.
I can sleep with my shotgun in the bed if I want.
Its in my posession at my address whilst I am there .
The problem arises when I am not at the address of the location of the firearm/s and thus the need for a locked cabinet secured to the structure.

If you now shoot the burglar and nice PC plod arrives, how the f**k are you going to explain why the gun was preloaded and not in a secure storage cabinet?

I can remove my fiearm from the cabinet and have it loaded in one minute flat. :D
(Make that 20 seconds :D )

Burgulars and intruders. Bring em on. ;)

Point of information... If you have to arm yourself use a shot gun rather then pistol or revolver.

My Sig 226 9 MM even with federal hollow points (people bullets) as they expand when hitting a meaty target can still penitrate some walls.

A shot gun is by far the best firearm for home protection as your aim does not have to be exact and one can use bird shot thus putting a home invader out of action and yet you will not have the pellets pass through a wall possibly hitting someone innocent. aim cheest high as some of the pellets if nothing else may blind the would be attackerand if they are wearing light clothing possibly you may luck out and hit some vital organs such as the heart or some main artiers

My Sig 226 9 MM even with federal hollow points (people bullets) as they expand when hitting a meaty target can still penitrate some walls.
Sylvan ... You may not be aware that we do not have the right to bear arms written into our statute as you have it embodied within your constitution.

There are no circumstances in this country where it is legal to own a weapon for self defence (or self offence :LOL: ).

People who legally keep weapons in this country do so either for sport or animal control etc.

Hollow points are a definite no no and will gain anyone who uses them an instant (and lengthy) jail term.

The key aspect in this country is the use of reasonable force and anyone who kills another in self defence would need to justify this in court.

Key thing is ... Never injure ... Always kill ... Dead people cannot argue the toss in court ;)

MW

Mr Tieger that doesnt run true you live in the state of NY.

you must be living north of the state,

whilst the laws about owning guns are very different to here

the actual laws on usage is very similar to here.

never mind the gung ho attitude thats a smoke screen and you know that

if you were caught doing the things you suggest then you would end up in sing sing and you know that, sorry dont pull that redneck shiit here.

my brother inlaw is in the law as in nypd, even my father inlaw was compelled to carry a gun as an NY fire chief.

stop projecting this image, you know its mostly wish and imagination and in real life this is not happening

Don't ruin his little game. We all know he's a 'toothless tiger'.

Bet he's a fat couch potato that watches movies all day. :LOL:

Dirty Harry obviously :LOL:

Inspector 69 Slightly Mucky Sylvan ... Go on punk ... Make my day.

MW

Do as I do , realize softinthehead is actually brain dead and could careless if his wife/ mother /daughter are molested as "criminal rights" are his main stay. He is really stupid a real moron as anyone could figure out " lights on family home do not invade"

The crime reports do not lie every state that has the most restrictions on owning fire arm also has the highest crime rates.

some MORONSSOFTINTHEEHEAD wil never allow the truth to get in the way of their spewing nonsense

Ignore works wonders ;) ;)

One good thing about whacking, capping ,wasting a criminal is they no longer are repeat felons.

Plus it saves a small fortune in housing, feeding, medical for these misfits of society GREAT place to start saving on tax dollars.

Sponsored Links
Back