Should I be paying this much for Laminate or is it labour?

ok use normal wooden quadrant from your freindly local wood yard paint it the same colour as the skirting and at around 50p a meter youll do the whole lot with a maximim of one join if theres nowt breaking up the run[assuming its around 6.6m long] so youll have a maximum of 2 joints instead of one every 2 meters all for the princly sum off £16.50 ;)

Sponsored Links
I ended up getting a flooring company locally to do it. 1 fitter took roughly 2 days to do this and I don't think a landing/hall way is the kind of think I would do - unless you're pretty experienced!

Instead of cutting the scotia and trying to fit it round the door posts which never look good, he used a saw to cut the door post horizontally the exact amount to fit the underlay and flooring under - fitted like a glove and excellent finish.

The cost? well including the Pergo flooring (9mm) and underlay and fitting for 1 guy came to about £686 inc VAT.

and are we happy now with the wood - yes except we got to sweep it every 3 days as you can see the dust balls - but makes you wonder how dirty the carpet was before!

Thanks for everyones advice on the excellent forum!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back