Shower pump not switching off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
over the last few months my shower pump has been taking ages to shut off after turning the shower off to the point where it is now not shutting off at all and i have to switch it off at the mains.

I used to be able to switch it off at the mains, leave it ten mins, turn switch back on and the pump would remain off untill next time i would use the shower, then it got the stage where i could leave the mains switch on but the pump would just randomly start at any given time, and now it kicks in as soon as the mains switch is switched on.

I live in a flat, the cold water tank is about chest height, the shower head is higher than this. I have a singe impellor (hot water) negative head pump which i located under the bath, it has worked peferfectly for a few years before i started getting these problems.

I have read about flow switches,booster adjustments etc but there is nothingobvious on the pump or on the immediate pipework that i can adjust.

I would like to try anything before going and buying another pump

Help / ideas would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Its a Brook Crompton AC Motor, sorry i'm techincal knowledge is not great, what is a pressure vessel and where would l find it?

Update:

I have removed the pump from under the bath and think i have found the flow switch, i'm going to decribed as easily as possible.

On top of the motor is a black box that the main power cable goes into, along with this is a smaller white cable that leads to a small black box screwed to the copper pipe, this is the pipe that runs from mixer into pump (inlet??), not the shower hose pipe (Outlet??)

I unscrewed the box from the pipe, and noted the small floaty thing at the base of the pipe, i tipped the pump upsode down give it a shake to make sure the floaty plastic was unstuck, it was.

However i did see that the wire that goes into the small black box that i removed from the pipe, is blackened, its still soldered to the points inside but blackened, i;m guessing this is my problem??

that won't help but i would not of said that is making the pump run constant.
useally a brunt or bad connection will stop it operating.
i would of gone more for a sticking flow valve which is what you have been mucking about with on the pipe.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
We also have a faulty flow switch on our brook crompton shower pump.
Did you ever locate a replacement flow switch?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back