Sockets on non-ring circuit & changing circuit purpose

Great, thanks for confirming.
You're welcome.
It seems like a bit of work - agreed - however I do appreciate EFLI's suggestion as the equipment (server and computers) being protected may(?) justify it. I do IT work from home and have a server and computers with valuable (sentimental and business) data on them (yes - I have off-site backups). If there are steps I can reasonably take to minimise risk to this room from external sources (be they from within or external to the property) then this may be worth a couple of pints for my spark and a £30 rcbo?
Fair enough, but I don't think using an RCBO would do very much to protect your IT equipment and data. The only real difference it would make is that any faults (very rare though they are) on another circuit protected by the same RCD which caused the RCD to trip would cause the power to your IT equipment to disappear. However, you would be extremely unlucky if that did any harm to your equipment or data. In any event, if you did have such a concerned (and since, say, a power cut would have the same effect), you would presumably already have your critical IT equipment running via a UPS, anyway, to avoid 'sudden untidy losses of power' to the IT equipment?

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back