Spillage test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you carry out a spillage test on a wall hung fan flued combination boiler?

Sponsored Links
Nope, its just I received a LGSR today from a landlord and the installer managed to pass the spillage test on the boiler and the ventilation was inadequate, recommending it should be 80cm square core vent.

Its fitted in a kitchen with no compartment in sight.

Sponsored Links
Its a House in multi occupation, there are 2 Ariston 24's and one Chaffetaux Celtic. All passed the spillage test and all require 'additional ventilation'.

Its really a landlord problem who isn't carrying out his legal duties under the gas regs, although he now has had this years LGSR check done. LAst years check was presented in the form of a Gas home safe report by the same installer, who signed them all on behalf of the tenant. So it set alarm bells ringing with regards the landlord.

Its been a few years since I stopped doing gas and I wasn't sure if anything had changed with spillage testing.

they aint open vented????

the celtic may be but i am sure the aristons aint

if they dont have compartment ventillation tthats just an ncs?

I am sorry that you seem to be so agressive and anti landlord. It makes me think that you may be one of the tenants from hell who are not paying the rent.

If you were ever CORGI registered then you would know a lot more about gas testing. Clearly to me you never were.

None of the boilers are open flue therefore spillage testing is not relevant!

You would be better advised to turn your attention to checking the credentials of the CORGI engineer concerned.

Tony

They are all fan flued corgiman, fitted in the kitchen with no compartmentation.

No Tony Im not a tenant. Am I anti-landlord? Yes when they see fit not to carry out their duties under the gas regs, its the bad ones who seem to bring the good ones down. Yur third paragraph would have been sufficient but thank you anyway.

Though we don't do a spillage test we check the condition of the casing seal maybe he was referring to that. Ventilation not required for the boiler.

You can check if the gas fitter (or his employer) who carried out the test is actually Corgi registered by visiting the Corgi web site. It might also be interesting to send copies of the LGSR to Corgi and the HSE asking them to comment on the apparent incompetence of the gas fitter.

Cheers Chris, that will be the next step regarding the installer and I think the HSE regarding the landlord.

From my previous encounters with CORGI as long as there is a current LGSR they usually tend not be that interested.

red40 said:
From my previous encounters with CORGI as long as there is a current LGSR they usually tend not be that interested.

they may be if the RGI is cooking up work!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back