spliting the system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to seperate two parts of my house whats my options for seperate controls as I see it I can.
1)install a seperate boiler
2) split the system some how
what kit is available diverter valves, controls etc
Mac

Sponsored Links
I have added a self contained extension for holiday letting and I want seperate ch control
Mac

I want to seperate two parts of my house whats my options for seperate controls as I see it I can.
1)install a seperate boiler
2) split the system some how
what kit is available diverter valves, controls etc
Mac

Upstairs for him and downstairs for her?

Just turn the heating off when you go out and give the wife an extra jumper. :D

Andy

Sponsored Links
could do with some details regarding the current system you have

If you have separate hot water tank
and radiators in the holiday let.
Simply pipe to the existing boiler have 2 port valves. 1 for holiday let central heating. 1 for holiday let hot water.
1 for your central heating, 1 for your hot water.

2 controllers one in your house. One in holiday let.

Either controller via thermostats calling for heat will fire the boiler.

You may want to consider having a pair of boilers both together to give redundancy. Both boilers will fire and then once hot the backup boiler shuts down. Should one boiler fail the other boiler will takeover the demand (this is common on big houses and care homes etc).

If you have combi boiler (the devils invention) suggest you switch to hot water tanks. (There is no need to throw the old combi out it can still work as a heat source to heat a hot water tank).

oilfire combi nothing fancy just a timer and rad stats, don't want water tanks a constant source of trouble access, leaking, freezing, siezing, you name it I'v had it and I have had no trouble with the outside combi, I was hoping I could do this myself via a diverter but if it's going to be a hassle I will just get a plumber in and fit a wee heating only in a lean too
Mac

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back