SPRAY ARMS NOT ROTATING

tb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hoover dishwasher and recently the spray arm on the top isn't working. The bottom one is fine. I have cleaned the filter and put a dishwasher cleaner through but I am still recieving problems?

Sponsored Links
Have you got the economy button pushed in I had the engineer out once coz of this very embarrasing. :oops:

Take off the spray arm and wash it through very thorougly ( i do mine over the bath!). If you can see any food particles eg sweetcorn kernals and the like, sticking out of the holes, then you need to get them out. They will stop the arms turning as the water can't get out

feddeb said:
Take off the spray arm and wash it through very thorougly ( i do mine over the bath!). If you can see any food particles eg sweetcorn kernals and the like, sticking out of the holes, then you need to get them out. They will stop the arms turning as the water can't get out

I can concur with that, blooming sweetcorn is a nightmare in a dishwasher!

Sponsored Links
I had exactly the same problem once and after calling out the engineer at vast expense, who could not find anything wrong with it, I asked to have a look before it was all put back together. I found a small hole in the arm, near the centre, but when the machine was on and the water was going to the top spray arm, instead of the pressure pushing the arm around it was all just spraying out from this hole.

They new arm cost under £5 and had to be posted to me so I fitted it myself but the cost of the engineer was about £50 and he didn't spot the problem.

The spray arms rely on the water pressure of the machine to turn. If food gets into the nozzels then they stop turning. Make sure they are cleaned out.

My Indesit dishwasher developed this problem early on & I've only recently solved it. I tried all the usual things like clearing food stuck inside the spray arm & it turned out to be a rubber washer on the back of the machine, into which the upper tray fits. It disintegrated early on & a new one was easy to fix & cost about £6 from a very economical eBay supplier. Problem then entirely solved!

Ensure the seal on the spray (where its threaded) & the seal at the back of the machine, just replaced both of mine on a hotpoint, had to buy a new spray arem as they dont do the o ring seal on its own.

Hi I have the same issue .
I took off the upper arm washed & clean it still same issue

Hi I have the same issue .
I took off the upper arm washed & clean it still same issue

If your top arm fixes to the bottom of the upper tray, and slides backwards onto a nozzle, check that it lines up as it goes in, and there is a reasonably good seal between the joints and that the arm is free to spin, i.e. that it doesn't get stuck on anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back